CBR to Epcot?

mrsbornkuntry

<font color=FF6666>I'm worried about raccoons<br><
I was telling my Dh that I would prefer we drive to the parks each day instead of taking the bus and he said he thought we would just walk to Epcot since it's only a mile. Is that reasonable? Has anyone done this?

We will have a double stroller for two of our kids and we've walked from our hotel to and from DL before so I think they'll be okay after a long day (if not we can always bus back).

Disney World is very different from DL in this way. There's a reason they call it a "world." :D The vast difference in size and scope is incredible.. and wonderful.

It may be just a mile on a map, but it is not in anyway set up for walking. And, if you add in the parking lots and whatnot, it may very well be more than a mile of walking.

It's the same for getting to almost any park from any WDW resort. There are few exceptions.. Epcot to Beach +Yacht Club/Boardwalk/Swan+Dolphin area. Old Key West and Saratoga Springs to Downtown Disney and the Contemporary and possibly Grand Floridian to MK.

I can remember my own husband looking at a map and thinking he would walk from Old Key West to Epcot. It's just not practical thanks to the highways and roadways. We walk everywhere and I would never do it with or without children. It would be similar to taking a walk on a California freeway.

I actually prefer taking the park transportation than driving to the parks. You are dropped off closer to the gate at most parks. You have multiple options aside from buses, depending on whether or not you are park hopping. There's the monorail and the boats. You can take a boat from Epcot to Hollywood Studios and the reverse, for example. Staying at CBR, you will always need to take a bus back to your final destination though.

Heh, yeah I would never walk. It's geared towards cars/buses, there are expressways and overpasses.

Yeah, it's only an inch on the map but when we got there we realized it was a Disney inch. It would be very unsafe to even try to walk it as there aren't sidewalks on the freeway.

I"ve walked from CBR to EPCOT and it isn't difficult. You end up coming in by the World Showcase. You also have the boats from the lake that will take you to that entrance of EPCOT. You can also walk through to get monorail to MK.

Play it safe and drive or take the bus. WDW isn't set up for walkers on the main roads, people aren't looking for walkers.

Agree to NOT walk, it is more set up like a freeway. If I was just 2 adults who were young and active, yeah, you probably would be able to do it. (Though, I wouldn't want to do that either). But, with a stroller and kids, why take that chance, crossing and everything. Besides, what does it save you? Busses will leave in enough time to get you there, and right to the door - better than the car. So, no time savings. Is it the exercise? - You'll get plenty, plus you could jog around the CBR's path if you want for that.

The walk from the bus to the front of Epcot may not be faster than parking in the lot. Personally I think having your car at the park is great since you can leave when you want and not have to wait in line for the bus.

I"ve walked from CBR to EPCOT and it isn't difficult. You end up coming in by the World Showcase. You also have the boats from the lake that will take you to that entrance of EPCOT. You can also walk through to get monorail to MK.

quick question -- we have not stayed at CBR before. Can you take a boat from CBR to Epcot? We are staying there during the F&WF and the boat option would be nice. Thanks!!

CBR has bus option only to all parks.

Boats to epcot are available from BWI, BC, YC, Swan, and Dolphin only

I have walked it ...and DO NOT recommend it, especially with a double stroller( or any kids for that matter). That road is a freeway type with cars ddriving well over 50 mph.There are no sidewalks and the side of the road is not that wide. You can not boat from CBR. The only resorts with walking and or boating to Epcot is BW,BWv,BC,BCv,YC, Swan and Dolphin. They are all resorts in the Deluxe category...hence the varied transp. options

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter