• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR..tell me the good, the bad and the ugly!!

The Good: CBR is a very beautiful resort. During down time it is great to relax in a hammock by the water.
The Bad: The food court. I struggled to find much that appealed to me. And chicken nuggets get old after a while.
The Ugly: Having 7 bus stops. I didn't think it would bother me, as I love POR and it has 4 stops. The 7 stops bothered me. It felt like we wasted a lot of time driving around the resort.
Also, I booked a standard room, thinking the walk to the food court would be nice, and no big deal. At night after a long day in the parks, the last thing I wanted to do was hike to get my mug refilled. Or hike to get a snack.:faint:

Even with all of that I would stay at CBR again. But only in a preferred room.

I'm sorry they didn't realize that the only thing you need to go to the Custom House for is to check in and pick up ME. Everything else can be done at the Concierge Desk at OPR.
No, they knew that, but they wanted s birthday card for Kady. You needed to get thst taken care if at custom house

No, they knew that, but they wanted s birthday card for Kady. You needed to get thst taken care if at custom house

I've always gotten our buttons, cards, etc from the Concierge Desk at OPR. That stinks they got bad information.

My last stay at CBR was almost 23 years ago. At that time CBR was a "value" resort. However my 2 sons and I are going for FD in November. In the last 9 years I have had multiple stays in Value resorts. We did not want QS dining so we went with CBR.
We are looking forward to it.

We went in November of last year and March of this year...we love CBR! I was so worried last year because I had read some not-so-great reviews, but we had a blast! The rooms are so comfortable and look great post-rennovation.

I will say when we went last November as part of Free Dining we were in Barbados, and then when we went in March we were in Jamaica and it was like a night and day difference. Jamaica was 100% better, in terms of location and also it just had better scenery. Fingers crossed we can snag Jamaica again—we just booked again for November '15 this morning and were lucky enough to snag FD as well! You're going to love it!

What do you do to request Jamaica? It has been so many years that I do not know where we stayed I do remember using the internal bus however.

I've always gotten our buttons, cards, etc from the Concierge Desk at OPR. That stinks they got bad information.

WE were surprised too. This was a few years ago, so my memory os flawed, but it had something to do with the signatures they wanted. They wanted a birthday card for Kady, and the Concierge was not able to accomodate this. They needed to take care of it at the Custom House. To be fair, they hated the place from the get go, and could not get past the buses, so this was just the frosting on their cake.

It really is true that there is a resort for everyone's taste on DIsney Property, and our stay at CBR illustrates that. After we stayed there, they were opposed to staying at a moderate again, but I had stayed at POFQ, and convinced them to try it, Thye were hooked, right fom teh second we walked through teh doors.

I give up trying to edit, sorry! ANyway, I think that everyone has their own preference and that while it is nice to have others review their stay, you never know til you try it yourself.

Call the main reservations line and ask to add a room request to your reservation of Jamaica.

Sorry I sure made myself seem like an idiot on that one. I am so used to hearing the round about ways people request at the values. lol

What do you do to request Jamaica? It has been so many years that I do not know where we stayed I do remember using the internal bus however.
We requested it both times and only got it on our second, non-FD trip. Both times I requested it online when doing online check in. I guess we were just luckier in March! I've also heard you can fax your requests in a few days before, so I may try that this time around. It can't hurt!

I have stated at all 4 moderates and just returned home today from my first stay at CBR. Things I didn't like was the number of bus stops and the check in being in a separate building. I would only stay there again in a preferred building...we were in a standard room right next to a preferred building so our location was fine but some of those standard rooms are so far from the pool and food court. I didn't think there was enough seating at the main pool for the size of the resort but I did like how close the pool is to the food court and there is a lot of outdoor seating for the food court. The rooms are very nice and I like the location of the resort particularly being so close to DTD.

My mum and I took a trip to WDW a few years ago and we stayed at CBR and we really enjoyed it! My mum hadn't been since I was 15 and I have been most years of my adult life so I showed mum the options and let her choose what she liked best! She chose CBR and I was a little skeptical (in fact I tried to talk her out of it!) but I love her so I went along with it ;) We had a great experience! Our room was lovely and not too far from anything (I had been nervous about the size since I had been staying mostly at POFQ which is much smaller) but we could walk to everything in a few minutes or so and the grounds were so pretty we were happy to walk more anyhow!

My mum isn't huge on the parks and wanted to relax more at the hotel so she loved the hammocks and pool area and said she felt as if she were really in the carribbean! We also really loved the OPR food court as there were so many options to choose from and it was never overly packed. There are several bus stops but I don't think it really slowed us down all that much (though it did seem longer at the end of the night after a long day ;) ) and it was nice not to have to walk far from a stop.

We stayed in one of the (at the time) newly refurbed Nemo rooms and it was clean and a good size. I forget which "island" it was in now but it was a quiet spot and even though we were there during a cheer and dance event it was never noisy! The staff were all friendly and the service was excellent! They even left a celebration button and card in the room after I had mentioned to the girl on the phone at the time of booking that it was my mum's first time back in almost 15 years! My mum teared up! I also thought it might be busier as we were there during the first week of F&G but crowds were fairly low and the resort didn't seem too full! (Maybe because of the size? People aren't right on top of each other...)

Overall we had a great experience and I will be back in the fall with my cousin and her family and a couple of friends and it will be their first times there too! I hope you guys have a blast! :)

Oh I forgot to mention the pool area too! It was really nicely designed and my mum loved just sitting around with her book and people watching! One thing I enjoyed was that there was actually room for more than 4 people in the hot tub and we usually went down a for a little soak at the end of the day before bed! We never had issues finding a seat or spot and it was kept clean as well. The only gripe mum had was that she found the pool bar to be a little pricey. I know my nieces and nephew (4,7,8) are super excited for the pirate theme too!

Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter