CBR Reviews??

We stayed at CBR last May and thought it was a beautiful resort. Very clean, welll maintained, and nice sized rooms for a moderate resort.

We were in Barbados #16, which was a bit of a hike to Olde Port Royale, but the area was nice, and not too far from the Custom's House, or bus stop. The quiet pool here was nice, and actually quiet, and there was a nice playground area with Hammocks on the beach for the little ones nearby.

We had a corner room with the 2 windows, which was really nice. It looked out on the gardens. The room was plenty big enough for 4 people, with 2 double beds. There is a dividing curtain between the vanity sinks and the sleeping area, to provide a bit of privacy. The decor of the rooms was really pretty, in cool, relaxing colors.

The food court was OK, not our favorite. The selection was fine, it was well maintained, and the CM's were very friendly, but we didn't like that you had to pay at each individual food counter, like a mall food court, instead and a centralized cash register.

The main pool area was quite pretty. The pool is basically divided into 2 sections, one near the Banana Cabana Pool Bar, which is shallow for the kids, and has cannons shooting water. The other side is deeper and has a slide.

The Banana Cabana is a nice bar, with friendly bartenders, and yummy tropical drinks. Of course other libations are available as well.

We liked the full service restaurant, Captain's Table. The food was good, and the atmosphere relaxing.

The Marketplace and gift shops were nice, and had everything you could need.

We didn't visit the main kid's play area while we were there, but heard it was nice. There are also bike rentals and boat rentals near Old Port Royale.

We had a very enjoyable stay, and wished that we could have been there longer to enjoy the resort.

We stayed at CBR on our last trip. Honestly, it wasn't our favorite resort, but I can see the charm. The room was nice, and I enjoyed being able to close off the dressing area from the bedroom with a curtain. We also had a corner room (king bed) in Barbados, and the courtyard outside our room was beautiful.

I didn't care for the size or the fact that there were 7 bus stops. It's nice to always be near a bus, but having to do all those stops is a pain. We weren't too crazy about the food court either.

We like POFQ best out of all the mods. We've stayed there twice, and that's probably where we'll go if we stay at a mod again. CBR is fine, but it's just not our favorite.

Our family always stays at moderates, and we switch between POFQ and CBR. We love them both. Lately we have satyed at POFQ, since we have 2 kids in strollers and CBR is a little big for us with the strollers. When the girls get bigger, we will head back to CBR.

The food court is large with lots of choices. The main pool is fun and it is nice to have the smaller pools that are located next to each island. If you look toward Epcot, you can see some of the Illuminations fireworks.

We never had bus problems and the landscaping is beautiful and gives you a tropical feel.

The only down side is that some of the rooms can be far away. On one trip, I was 6 1/2 monts pregnant, and they wanted to put me in Trinidad South. I was like NO WAY, I had requested Trindad North, and I wasn't walking that far. So that put me right across the bridge (Jamaica, I think?) and it was perfect. Corner room, two windows.

Our family ususally stays at moderates, and we switch between POFQ and CBR. We love them both. Lately we have satyed at POFQ, since we have 2 kids in strollers and CBR is a little big for us with the strollers. When the girls get bigger, we will head back to CBR.

The food court is large with lots of choices. The main pool is fun and it is nice to have the smaller pools that are located next to each island. If you look toward Epcot, you can see some of the Illuminations fireworks.

We never had bus problems and the landscaping is beautiful and gives you a tropical feel.

The only down side is that some of the rooms can be far away. On one trip, I was 6 1/2 monts pregnant, and they wanted to put me in Trinidad South. I was like NO WAY, I had requested Trindad North, and I wasn't walking that far. So that put me right across the bridge (Jamaica, I think?) and it was perfect. Corner room, two windows.

I feel the same way as Kermit. Just came back from CBR. It is a very large resort. My major disappoinment was with the food court, which my family tends to use frequently. I really couldn't pin point why I wasn't in awe of CBR. Don't get me wrong, we had a lovely time and I'm glad I was there but I am much more comfortable at PO, especially POR. Maybe I just like the laid back feel of Dixie. Decide on which theme appeals to you most and take into consideration how much walking you'd like to do at the resort. Maybe I would have appreciated the resort more if I was there during the winter months (when I would love using the beaches) and not when the temp was in the upper 90's. I certainly wouldn't tell anyone not to go to CBR but for us, we like POR more. The CM's at CBR were very friendly and we found the bus service to be excellant.

We stayed in Martinique of the CBR in 9/00. I especially liked the room size for a moderate priced resort. There are two levels to each *island* building and I would stay on the first floor next time because my legs were tired after a day in the parks. There are no elevators.

I also like the fact that besides the main pool each *island* had their own private pool which made for less people.

Since I bring our own cereals and ramen noodles for breakfast and supper (we eat lunch in the parks) I didn't use the food court.

CBR is my favorite moderate resort.

Yes, it's large and spread out. But I also stayed at Coronado, which is much less spread out and felt as though I was "cramped". We always rent a car, so the bus stop situation was never an issue for us.

I LOVE the fact that each CBR village has their own quiet pool. The quiet pool is separated from the actual room areas, making it more private to swim. At CS, the quiet pool was right in front of people's rooms, making it feel like I was swimming in the pool of an apartment complex. I hated that.

The food court is limited, it's true. However, we've never really felt as though it was a problem. They have decent selection, and the food's always been really good. You can get Mickey waffles for breakfast, which is always a fun treat.

The rooms are larger than those found in the other moderates. In addition, the resort was completely refurbished last year, making it the "newest" of all moderates.

Each village has its own white sand beach with hammocks. Nothing beats lying on a hammock, the moon shining off the lake, and watching Illuminations (which you can see pretty clearly from CBR!).

We were there on our honeymoon the week of the 4th and loved it. The grounds are gorgeous!!! We were in Jamaica, which is the first pick-up and drop-off for the bus stops. We were too far from OPR, but we still made a couple of nice walks, or would just get off the bus near OPR. We ate there a few times, and found everything to be just fine. The pizza did take a while, but it was during lunch rush. We would definately stay there again some day, but I want to try them all. POF was nice and small, stayed there before as well.

Anyone else eat at Captains Tavern? What did you think?

Thanks for all the info!
Just changed ressie from All Star Sports to CBR.:bounce:

there are mixed reviews about this restaurant. I think it's great, but I've read where others think it stinks.

Hubby and I went to dinner here last year and he LOVED his meal. I was in the mood for a chicken caesar salad, which was not on the menu, so the waiter said "no problem" and got me one! It was delicious!

Hey MickMan!

I LOVE CBR!! :) Check out my web pages, the links are below! I have many pictures and some info about CBR. :D

Do you like prime rib, Captains tavern has it and it's great.This was the most relaxing meal we had at WDW.

SeaSpray

Thanks for the pictures. We loved staying at CBR this past June. We were in Aruba 54 and the location was great. Close to the quiet pool, bus stop practically at the door(always the 2nd stop), beautiful grounds, a pleasant walk to OPR, and a spacious, beautiful room. I can't wait to go back.

We are leaving for Wildwood Crest, NJ. in 5 days. We have been going for the past 10 summers. Love it. Enjoyed your pictures too. My DD16 doesn't want to go to any other beach but Wildwood. Beach and Boardwalk here we come.

I really like CBR. We stayed there in April 02, king room, two windows, Jaimaca section (The prettiest in my opinion). We enjoyed one afternoon at the main pool, love the pina coladas (sp?) but after that our pool time was at quiet pools. Wonderfully maintained grounds, lots of ducks, birds and surprisingly very uncrowded. I think occupancy was high, we just never saw huge groups of people at the resort. (except at main pool/food court.
Have stayed at POR and POFQ also, rooms somewhat smaller, but enjoyed both of those resorts too.

Are the rooms in Jaimaca refurbished? What other sections have refurbished rooms?

Also, what is the order of section that the internal bus stops?

Thanks for the help!

jeank:

ALL of the rooms in the entire resort have been refurbished! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter