CBR- preferred room?

gigicnm

Mouseketeer
Staying with DH, and two sons 10 & 8 at CBR for the first time in November. We'll be there for 9 days. We will have a car, so probably won't use the buses much. We will use the pools a lot (especially the main pool). We usually get refillable mugs, so probably want to be fairly close to refill them. Also plan to eat breakfast at the resort two mornings before heading over to Universal. Walking is not a huge issue for us, it's more the convenience of being near things.

Should I pay the extra for a preferred room? Or should I just put in a room request and hope for the best? If I put in a room request which area should I request.

Thanks,
Gigi

We always get a preferred location room just for the reasons you mentioned -- walking isn't an issue for us, but we like the convenience of being right by the food court and main pool.

Having said that, many will share that none of the villages are a long walk from the food court and main pool, and I'd have to agree. We just like being really close.

CBR is a beautiful resort, and you'll love it there! :thumbsup2

You may want to consider the busses to the Disney Parks, you could have a long walk, the parking lots seem to be further than the bus stops at most of the parks.

The bus service was quick and easy the last time we were at DW.

And of course, you will need to drive to Universal since that is not a Disney Park.

If you are a disney resort guest, you do not have to pay the daily park, parking fees, they give you a pass

Here is what we do, and the trouble we ran into this year. Every year we go, we choose either a king bed or a water view room, and request to be in Trinidad North (which we always get, maybe just luck :confused3). This year we chose a double bed room but WDW changed the site, and you can no longer put in room request, (at least I did not see it) so when my wife called to do the payoff and requested Trinidad North they told her they could not due it. I was fine with that. BUT when my father called to pay his trip off (were going at the same time and staying at CBR) the rep told him sure they can put the request in but can not guarantee it. So naturally my wife called back to ask why we were told no and the rep did it for my parents. So not only did the rep put in a request for BOTH parties to be in Trinidad North, she also requested that we be upgraded to a King size bed room IF available with no extra cost :thumbsup2 But let me say this, I’m fine with not getting a room in Trinidad North, we just always happen to get placed there whenever we go, its NOT guaranteed that we will get a room in Trinidad North which is fine with me as long as I’m WDW :thumbsup2

CBR is the ONLY resort where I WOULD pay for a preferred room, if you plan to use the food court a lot. I have stayed there 4x, preferred room only once (with someone who ate 2 meals/day at food court) and it was SO worth it.

We did not stay in a preferred room, but we did make a request for the buildings closer to the food court. We ended up being in Martinique, which was perfect.

Our daughters were 4yo and 16mo at the time and my parents also went on that trip. My mom was in a knee brace, as she was having surgery after we returned from WDW.

That said, there wasn't a single one of us who thought the walk to Old Port Royale was any kind of a big deal and we were pleased we did not spend the extra $$$ for it.

I would definitely make a request to be in a standard room as close as possible to OPR.

I will say to you what a wise and seasoned CBR Dis-er said to me when I was stressing about how big that resort is: "the size of this resort is extremely overblown on these boards."

She was right!

Good luck with your choice and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter