• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR Pirate Room

kaismommie

Mouseketeer
We are heading back to Disney this May! Yeah!! :goodvibes
I've decided to try the moderate resorts, just time for a change and decided on CBR. After reading about the pirate rooms, I'm a little curious. I'm taking my mom, son who is 4 and nephew who will be 4, and 2 year old daughter.

The rooms are super cute and my son has already said he wants to stay there. So my question is, is it worth it? What I've read are the beds are not comfortable. I sleep on the couch almost every night, so I'm just wondering is it something I could deal with before I decide on booking the pirate room versus a basic room. Thanks in advance.

We were there this past December.

The beds were comfortable to me. I was concerned about this as well. I had heard that the top mattress is 5 inches. Still, I was very comfortable.

The beds are cute, the dresser is cute (except for room 3518 as the top left drawer will not stay closed). Other than that, they are a bit far (10 min walk to OPR). However I would have prefered to saved my $200.00. :)

We were there this past December.

The beds were comfortable to me. I was concerned about this as well. I had heard that the top mattress is 5 inches. Still, I was very comfortable.

The beds are cute, the dresser is cute (except for room 3518 as the top left drawer will not stay closed). Other than that, they are a bit far (10 min walk to OPR). However I would have prefered to saved my $200.00. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I would prefer to save the $$$ too. But my son is wanting that room a lot more than the basic room. I guess I will make a decision between now and Saturday. From pictures I've seen on the site, the rooms do look AWESOME!! :yay:

The mattresses are not anywhere near 5 inches thick, they are much thinner, BUT they weren't uncomfortable for us.

The only issues is that they are full sized beds, not very big.

I didn't mind the walk to Port Royale, and the rooms are cute, but...I doubt we would stay in them again. If I have anything to say about it, LOL...my son enjoyed it and I think DH liked them, but I didn't think they were very special.

And if the kid are skittish, be careful with closing the drapes to the vanity area with the room lights off and the vanity lights on...there's a spooky little effect there with the curtain backlit like that!

I was really nervous about the beds as well after the dis review of the mattress. However, they were fine. They were just as comfy as any other hotel bed (the pillows are a different story).

The walk to port royal can be a little tedious, but its not really that bad as long as you have a stroller for the kids. For your younger one, the curtain maybe a little scary, but you really don't need to keep it closed that often.

We stayed in a pirate room for one night before a DVC reservation began, and I thought the rooms were really cool. I don't remember having any issues about the bed, but it was only one night. If you do, think about getting the pirate makeovers for the kids at the Magic Kingdom. My daughter loved it even more than the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter