CBR- pirate room vs regular...

heatherkali

Earning My Ears
We are planning on staying at CBR this October with our 4 year old and 18 month old... we like the idea of the Pirate rooms for my 4 year olds 5th birthday at Disney... but how are the beds are they comfortable?? would it be better to stay closer to everything with how little my kids are? with naps and everything?

Thank you for your input!

If you have never stayed at CBR, then you may not realize the distance from the pirate rooms to anywhere else on property is quite far. The section where they are located almost seems like it's a different resort. If I were you traveling with 2 small children, I would take the money you will spend on the pirate room and book the preferred instead. Much more convenient and closer to the activity pool, food court, and shop.

I have to agree. Honestly I didn't think the pirate rooms were really all that great. Save the money and have the boys made up at a pirates league in mk to get their pirate fix. Cbr is huge! Luckily we had a car, we had to drive to everything...... Just so you know. Have great trip!

The beds are very comfortable, we all enjoyed them (even my DH, who was afraid that they'd be too short). Yes, the pirate rooms are further from OPR than other buildings, but we didn't mind at all. The grounds are beautiful and the walk was 5-7 minutes, tops. We would always walk to OPR and then take the internal bus back. My boys loved the pirate rooms so much they keep begging to stay there again, and are mad at me for picking Boardwalk for our next visit :lmao:. I wanted to try out an Epcot area resort, though!

We always stay at CBR but have never stayed in the pirate rooms. We always request Jamaica or Aruba. I also think the pirate rooms are far away from the main pool and the food court.

We stayed at CBR Pirate room and loved it - the rooms are really cool to 4 and 6 year old boys and there was a little beach area with a playground right outside our room - The main pool area is quite a distance but there are plain pools close to the pirate rooms - We had a car which made it easier to get to the main pool and food court - We just drove down there. We did not use the buses so I don't have experience with those.

The entire resort is beautiful and we loved it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!