CBR pics.

My walk around the resort in the misting rain continued. I took a picture of the quiet pool in Trinidad North:

DSCF4173.jpg

Walked back to the main promenade:

DSCF4174.jpg

and took a right towards Old Port Royale but then took yet another pathway to my right so that I could walk deeper into the village of Trinidad North:

DSCF4175.jpg

DSCF4176.jpg

DSCF4177.jpg

My loop through Trinidad North took me back down a path towards the main promenade:

DSCF4178.jpg

where I took yet another right and was headed back towards Old Port Royale:

DSCF4179.jpg

DSCF4180.jpg

Looking across the lake:

DSCF4181.jpg

Looking out at the island:

DSCF4182.jpg

Turtle sculptures on the Trinidad North beach:

DSCF4184.jpg

The main pool up ahead:

DSCF4185.jpg

One of the hot tubs situated behind the main pool:

DSCF4186.jpg

DSCF4187.jpg

The marshmellow roast area on the beach:

DSCF4188.jpg

Peeking over the gates to see the main pool:

DSCF4189.jpg

DSCF4191.jpg

These bins hold the life vests for guests to use:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n526/disneytripreport/disney trip report part 2/DSCF4190.jpg

Pool info:

DSCF4193.jpg

**Still more pictures to come!

:thumbsup2:love:We absolutely love this resort!! We stayed there for the first time last year and will be back there in July!! Can't wait!!!!!:yay::dance3:

Even more pictures of my rainy walk around the resort. Another "parking lot view"

**I have more to share just have to find them on Photobucket.

Getting the Disney fever again :rotfl: I know last time we went we had CBR reservations and then a 30% discount came out for the Poly so we switched. We are now deciding on CBR again for our next trip. We have never been there so maybe we will stay there this next time, if we dont change my mind again ;)

I'm a little worried about staying at CBR due to the sheer size of the resort itself. How is the transportation? Are the buses filled at the first 'island' and then the others have to wait for an empty bus? Does each bus stop at each 'island' before you go to the parks?

Btw: we check in at CBR on Sunday. :)

I stayed there on my last trip and I did not think they were that bad. My previous trip was ASM and they seem crowded almost all the time.

I'm a little worried about staying at CBR due to the sheer size of the resort itself. How is the transportation? Are the buses filled at the first 'island' and then the others have to wait for an empty bus? Does each bus stop at each 'island' before you go to the parks?

I didn't look at the date of your post so you may have already gone on vacation. Honestly, I feel as if the size/walking distances are over-exaggerated. Our walk from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados to Old Port Royale was a little over six minutes at a leisurely pace. We did get held up when walking behind a couple with a stroller but the walk still wasn't long.

While some do not like that the buses stop at each village, we actually prefer it that way. In all of our stays at the CBR, we have never encountered a bus that was simply too full to board (except when leaving the parks at the end of the night and that's the case with all resorts).

I went back and look at the date of your post so I hope that you'll see my answer before you leave. Click on the link in my signature...the Excuse Me link....to have a look around the resort and our thoughts on walking around the resort. I have quick links in post 8.

I didn't look at the date of your post so you may have already gone on vacation. Honestly, I feel as if the size/walking distances are over-exaggerated. Our walk from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados to Old Port Royale was a little over six minutes at a leisurely pace. We did get held up when walking behind a couple with a stroller but the walk still wasn't long.

While some do not like that the buses stop at each village, we actually prefer it that way. In all of our stays at the CBR, we have never encountered a bus that was simply too full to board (except when leaving the parks at the end of the night and that's the case with all resorts).

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I did not find the walk to be bad at all. I walked from the Customs House when we checked in to OPR, through the parking lots and got lost a few times and it only took me 13 minutes. The walks are not terrible at all. In fact I think it took me longer to walk from the Hawaii building at the Poly to the TTC!

Thanks for the info! Now for the paranoid part...did you see any snakes when you were there? I made the big mistake of reading a thread about it last night and CBR seemed to have the most issues posted.

Thanks for the info! Now for the paranoid part...did you see any snakes when you were there? I made the big mistake of reading a thread about it last night and CBR seemed to have the most issues posted.

You won't see more snakes at CBR over any other resort. I have seen at least one snake at every WDW resort, park and water park. WDW is built in the middle of marsh/swamp land. Every one I've seen has been very small and was doing their best to get out of the way. In fact after 3 CBR stays, I've only come across one. However 3 of them at POR and 2 each at Poly, BC and GF. All sightings have been on a sidewalk, never seen one in or close to our room.

Completely agree with this!:thumbsup2

I went back and look at the date of your post so I hope that you'll see my answer before you leave. Click on the link in my signature...the Excuse Me link....to have a look around the resort and our thoughts on walking around the resort. I have quick links in post 8.

Just spent the past hour catching up on some of your trip reports. I love reading them and get to giggling at some of the funny things your family does :rotfl: I was only going to read a few post and ended up reading most of them ::yes::

Thanks dansdad! That makes me feel better. We saw before when we were in AK so I realize they are around but the thread made it sound like it was a huge problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter