CBR pics.

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by Ontdisfan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

My walk around the resort in the misting rain continued. I took a picture of the quiet pool in Trinidad North:

[​IMG]

Walked back to the main promenade:

[​IMG]

and took a right towards Old Port Royale but then took yet another pathway to my right so that I could walk deeper into the village of Trinidad North:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My loop through Trinidad North took me back down a path towards the main promenade:

[​IMG]

where I took yet another right and was headed back towards Old Port Royale:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking across the lake:

[​IMG]

Looking out at the island:

[​IMG]

Turtle sculptures on the Trinidad North beach:

[​IMG]

The main pool up ahead:

[​IMG]

One of the hot tubs situated behind the main pool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The marshmellow roast area on the beach:

[​IMG]

Peeking over the gates to see the main pool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These bins hold the life vests for guests to use:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n526/disneytripreport/disney trip report part 2/DSCF4190.jpg

Pool info:

[​IMG]

**Still more pictures to come!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Lisa, thank you for all the oics here and in your TR! It's helping me get through to our trip....84 days, I think?

4. fairytalelover

fairytalelover DIS Veteran

Great photos!:thumbsup2

5. scrappymel

scrappymel DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the awesome photos! Can't wait for CBR in October! :cool1:

6. KarBear

KarBear DIS Veteran

Great Pics everyone!!! Just what I needed :)

7. JudyW

JudyW Do you think they will let me live at the Magic Ki

:thumbsup2:love:We absolutely love this resort!! We stayed there for the first time last year and will be back there in July!! Can't wait!!!!!:yay::dance3:

8. mickeystoontown

Even more pictures of my rainy walk around the resort. Another "parking lot view"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**I have more to share just have to find them on Photobucket.

9. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Getting the Disney fever again :rotfl: I know last time we went we had CBR reservations and then a 30% discount came out for the Poly so we switched. We are now deciding on CBR again for our next trip. We have never been there so maybe we will stay there this next time, if we dont change my mind again ;)

10. chels20

chels20 Earning My Ears

Looking forward to going to CBR

Chelsea

11. evabraniff

evabraniff Mouseketeer

We're staying there next week! :-)

12. rmargani

rmargani Earning My Ears

I'm a little worried about staying at CBR due to the sheer size of the resort itself. How is the transportation? Are the buses filled at the first 'island' and then the others have to wait for an empty bus? Does each bus stop at each 'island' before you go to the parks?

Btw: we check in at CBR on Sunday. :)

13. toddh618

toddh618 Earning My Ears

I stayed there on my last trip and I did not think they were that bad. My previous trip was ASM and they seem crowded almost all the time.

14. mickeystoontown

I didn't look at the date of your post so you may have already gone on vacation. Honestly, I feel as if the size/walking distances are over-exaggerated. Our walk from one of the furthest rooms in Barbados to Old Port Royale was a little over six minutes at a leisurely pace. We did get held up when walking behind a couple with a stroller but the walk still wasn't long.

While some do not like that the buses stop at each village, we actually prefer it that way. In all of our stays at the CBR, we have never encountered a bus that was simply too full to board (except when leaving the parks at the end of the night and that's the case with all resorts).

15. mickeystoontown

I went back and look at the date of your post so I hope that you'll see my answer before you leave. Click on the link in my signature...the Excuse Me link....to have a look around the resort and our thoughts on walking around the resort. I have quick links in post 8.

16. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I did not find the walk to be bad at all. I walked from the Customs House when we checked in to OPR, through the parking lots and got lost a few times and it only took me 13 minutes. The walks are not terrible at all. In fact I think it took me longer to walk from the Hawaii building at the Poly to the TTC!

17. rmargani

rmargani Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! Now for the paranoid part...did you see any snakes when you were there? I made the big mistake of reading a thread about it last night and CBR seemed to have the most issues posted.

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You won't see more snakes at CBR over any other resort. I have seen at least one snake at every WDW resort, park and water park. WDW is built in the middle of marsh/swamp land. Every one I've seen has been very small and was doing their best to get out of the way. In fact after 3 CBR stays, I've only come across one. However 3 of them at POR and 2 each at Poly, BC and GF. All sightings have been on a sidewalk, never seen one in or close to our room.

19. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Completely agree with this!:thumbsup2

20. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Just spent the past hour catching up on some of your trip reports. I love reading them and get to giggling at some of the funny things your family does :rotfl: I was only going to read a few post and ended up reading most of them ::yes::

21. rmargani

rmargani Earning My Ears

Thanks dansdad! That makes me feel better. We saw before when we were in AK so I realize they are around but the thread made it sound like it was a huge problem!