CBR or POR or POFQ for a couple?

Which mod would be best for a couple going without their kids?

• CBR

• POR

• POFQ

• CSR

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deborah_Mary

Re: WDW... Been there, done that - and DEFINITELY
Hello all!

Dh and I are seriously thinking about possibly taking a trip down to Disney... a "just us" trip without our 2 daughters for a short stay so we could experience some of the more grown up things Disney has to offer. We will be taking our daughters back down in October for a longer stay. I've been wanting to do this for years though (since we celebrated our 10th anniversary nearly 2 years ago) but just now I'm getting dh to somewhat seriously consider it. :)

With that said, my question is this... since an AP discount did come out for the mods for July, which one would be best for dh & I on our own without kids?

CBR? POR? POFQ?

I would LOVE to stay at an Epcot resort (BWI since I would love to be able to walk to Jelly Rolls and the Dance Hall), but we are trying to keep costs down to a minimum since we plan on returning with our kids a few months later.

We have never stayed at any of the mods and really would appreciate input. For our date choices, CSR is only showing king room availability and dh would rather save that extra $ for something else... again we are trying to just get away the 2 of us for as little as we can. We are VERY drawn to CSR and will most definitely stay there quite possibly when we return in October with our girls. I suggested to dh about staying at an All Stars or Pop since that would even be less, but he does find spending the extra $$ on a mod a good choice.

We don't plan on making this an annual thing (even though I'm not gonna hide the fact I wish we could)... so, I would definitely hope it would be magical (I know it will be, we'd be at Disney!) So any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so very much...

Deb*

CSR is our favorite MOD hands-down. Unfortunately we're a family of 5 (soon to be 6) and unable to stay in a standard room there and the suites are $$$$$. Every trip to WDW we make a point of visiting CSR, eating at Pepper Market (and sometimes Maya Grill) and walking around the grounds. My girls love it there!

Both (CBR & POFQ) are nice resorts and you can't go wrong with either. I personally like the atmosphere at the CBR better than the POFQ. You feel like you are in the tropics. You can layout on the hammocks on the beach. Very relaxing.

That being said, POFQ does have the advantage of having boat transportation to downtown disney. If you are looking to go out at night this is a HUGE plus.

I had to make the same decision and I picked POFQ. I loved the compact size of the resort. It seemed more personable like that. The other 3 mods are quite large which can make for some interesting walking but if you are going to be at the parks all day, you don't want it to take you 20 minutes to get to your room.

I know that there are a lot of people that swear by the other resorts but I am very excited about our decision. We even visited POR and the CM that was showing us around got lost on the way to the room. That scared me a little. Place just seems too big.

CSR is a great resort with or without kids. Check out my CSR website below for pics and info. Don't go by what the website says, I would call and continue to call until something opens up for any resort you are looking to book. Being a convention resort, CSR holds rooms for convention guests and then releases them once the "book by" date passes.

Check first and make sure there are no good deals for the Swan and Dolphin, if you want to stay in the BW area.

But I personally would choose POFQ. Intimate, romantic, a very pretty resort!
However, the pool area isn't as romantic. :) Big dragon!

Some photos I have posted on my website:

fountain-1.jpg

POFQ.jpg

and the not as romantic slide:

dragon.jpg

I'm casting a vote for the CBR. We stayed at the CBR last June for 10 glorious days!

The theming is great and is carried out throughout the resort. Everything is bright and cheerful. There are tropical plants and fruit trees growing everywhere.

Each village has their own white sandy beach complete with beach chairs and hammocks. We lazed around the Jamaica beach and watched the Epcot fireworks.

You also have the benefit of using the village quiet pools. Sometimes, we actually had the Jamaica pool all to ourselves.

There is an island in the middle of the lake and it has several pretty paths. Grab a bench and listen to the Caribbean music.

Near the main pool, you'll find Banana Cabana. Order a cold mixed drink and sip it under one of the many umbrella tables nearby.

You two could rent a pontoon boat, sea raycers, canoes, sailboats, surrey bikes or bicycles from the marina.

Because the CBR is so centrally located, it never took us long to get to any Disney destination. The bus system was super efficient too.

We loved the CBR so much we're headed back there in just 13 days! Can hardly wait!

I cast my vote for POR!! DH and I will be going back for the sixth time in November! We LOVE POR obviously!! :banana:

After walking all day at the resorts the last thing I want to do is get off the bus and walk another mile. Due to its compact size, for us it's POFQ. No contest.

DH and I have stayed at CBR and POR before we had kids. We loved POR so much. We stayed in the mansions and we felt very romantic in its setting. We are now going back with 3 kids but staying in the AB section of POR.

POFQ, my DH and I stayed here for our 30th anniversary last Feb 06. Very nice, quiet, romantic feel resort. Can stroll along the walk ways at night and the river. ALso Carriage ride through the FQ, pool is very large and you don't have to be near the slide at all, several areas are available away from the slide. Hot Tub, boat ride to POR and to DTD, pool bar, also lounge music several nights at the bar inside. Small and compact. Wonderful place. We love it. It is just a real good all around resort.:goodvibes

POFQ is a lovely small, quiet and relaxing resort. The pool is nice and the food court is great. Also the boat to DTD is ideal for late night transport :)

Claire ;)

I really loved CBR. It is so relaxing. The late night strolls along the water. really romantic. We went there for our honeymoon and it was perfect. We never saw any kids, it was quiet and peaceful. I would go there everytime I book a disney vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter