CBR or PO for resort only

rob_jen

Mouseketeer
We are heading to WDW for a 3 night stop before going on a cruise.

We are going to go to the MK for one day and will have one full day just to chill at the resort on Friday. We will have to leave the resort for ~ and hour to get the rental car to drive to the port and get some juice boxes/water for the cruise.

What moderate hotel should we look into for a day only. We have stayed at CBR and POFQ last year and enjoyed them both. Never stayed at CSR and do not know if its worth it.

If it were me, for a mostly-resort-only stay, I'd probably stay at PO due to the proximity to DTD.

I think POR has better dining, its got the boat to DTD and its a lovely resort. On the other hand, CBR is also lovely, has lots of pools and it has very good views of Illuminations. So very nice when you aren't in a park to still have some fireworks to view. We watched Illuminations from the beach (I think in Martinque but I could be wrong) and also from the bridge that connects OPR to Jamaica and Aruba. That bridge view was really good becuse you were elevated a bit and had a very good view of the high up fireworks of Illuminations.

I'll also add CSR is awesome, it has the most dining options, an adults only nightclub and the spa and salon. That is where we stayed for our resort only three nights before our cruise back in 2006. It was perfect.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

We are leaning towards CBR since they have the big pool with slides and small splash/pool for the young kids. Our kids are 5 and 3. The POR boat ride is nice as well.

If you decide to stay at either POR or POFQ you can used both of their main pools--each pool is unique and fun--both have nice slides--I don't have small kids but think that POFQ has a splash pool area for little ones. I also give a :thumbsup2 to boat ride to DTD. Plus POR has THE BEST food Court.

We are leaning towards CBR since they have the big pool with slides and small splash/pool for the young kids. Our kids are 5 and 3. The POR boat ride is nice as well.

As much as I love POR (my favorite resort of any level) I do think CBR's pool area would be awesome for kids the age of yours. And the views of Illuminations are also really nice. I'll also add the Nemo themed rooms (or pirate themed rooms but those cost extra) would be great. Its been recently rennovated and its a great resort. And even though I say POR is my favorite, as you can see by my signature, CBR is where I am staying on our next trip!

My DS6 is happy with any pool. Loved the one at POR. Probably loved the boat to DTD even more.

I would take POR. Just got back from CBR. I liked POR for its DTD Boat Ride. Food is better there also. If you want to see the Illumination why not go to EPCOT and see it? You said you had been to CBR and POFQ. If you feel comfortable at these resorts and only staying 3 days I would go where you know the area. CBR isn't for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter