CBR- I really want to say this!

MinnieMommy07

Mouseketeer
I really love the CBR resort- it's colorful and full of Pirates! The feature pool is one of the coolest in WDW and I love the OPR atmosphere.... But, something's been bothering me about CBR - I think they should change the name of the resort- maybe a simple change like Disney's Caribbean Village Resort or something like that.

The reason I think they should is because of the expectations it gives to guests that are really expecting a full on "swim and sun" beach experience. The lagoon is hardly it's main attraction- not to knock it cuz it IS pretty, but it is comparable to any small free standing body of water that are found in parks, college campuses and even along freeways... and a lot of guests and sadly their children are splashing around ignorant to what is REALLY in the lagoons... :sick:

I know there are signs at the resort saying not to swim in the water... but how can everyone possibly know that especially when they think they're getting a "caribbean beach" resort ?

Does that mean Beach Club should be changed as well? No beaches there. I see what you're saying, but it really doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I feel like the name refers more to the types of resorts you might find on a Caribbean Beach, rather than the actual beaches. Caribbean Beach Resorts if you will ;)

How cool would it be though, if there were actual beaches at CBR?

I agree. For my first trip to WDW, I booked CBR thinking that we could use the beaches. Then researching afterwards I learned that we couldn't use the beach. Very disappointing.

I agree as well. For visitors coming from out of state and taking on the expenses necessary to vacation at WDW, I feel there should be full disclosure to lessen any possibility of disappointments from their guests. I love all things WDW and all things Disney, but there's always room for improvement.

We "used the beach" on our trip- we laid in the hammocks, played in the sand, gathered shells and rocks, etc. It does have beaches that you can enjoy, so Beach in the name is not misleading in that respect. And swimming in the Jamaica pool was just across the sidewalk from the beach.

We make use of the beaches each trip at the CBR. We enjoy the time lazing around in the hammocks or beach chairs. We have also built sandcastles in the sand. It's true you can't go in the lake/water in anything other than the watercraft available for rent at the marina. However, from what I have read, It's my understanding that you can't go in the water at any of the Disney resorts that have a beach.

Does that mean Beach Club should be changed as well? No beaches there. I see what you're saying, but it really doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I feel like the name refers more to the types of resorts you might find on a Caribbean Beach, rather than the actual beaches. Caribbean Beach Resorts if you will ;)

How cool would it be though, if there were actual beaches at CBR?

I know what you mean... but the Beach Club name is more to do with the sand and swim of the pool- it's main feature that gives you the beach atmosphere! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter