• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR - How far is it, really?

DaniLovesDisney

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, so I apologize ahead of time! My family attempted to book a stay at CBR in one of the Preferred Rooms, but were told the only available option during the timeframe was a Pirate room. Also, after asking about our back up and back up-back up options, CSR and WL, we were told there were no available rooms there either.

That said, I've read nothing but bad things about the walk from the food court to the Pirate rooms at CBR; however, we aren't afraid of a walk and could probably make it work. Can anyone provide a rough estimate of the distance we are talking? A half mile? A mile? We have two little ones and want to ensure we aren't getting in above our heads.

Thank you!

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, so I apologize ahead of time! My family attempted to book a stay at CBR in one of the Preferred Rooms, but were told the only available option during the timeframe was a Pirate room. Also, after asking about our back up and back up-back up options, CSR and WL, we were told there were no available rooms there either.

That said, I've read nothing but bad things about the walk from the food court to the Pirate rooms at CBR; however, we aren't afraid of a walk and could probably make it work. Can anyone provide a rough estimate of the distance we are talking? A half mile? A mile? We have two little ones and want to ensure we aren't getting in above our heads.

Thank you!

From the furthest point it is just over a half mile. .54 to be exact. It took me 10 minutes at a very leisurely pace, stopping to take pictures.

We have stayed there twice. Really loved it both times. Both times in a Pirate Room for our son who was 2 yrs old the first time and 5 the second time. I can honestly say that the walk to the foodcourt and main pool did not bother us a bit. We actually enjoyed a nice leisurely stroll in the morning along the canal to get our meals or go to the store with our son in a stroller. We didn't find the longer bus rides a bother. We really enjoyed the landscaping and feel of the resort. We almost never went to the main pool and liked having the smaller area pool almost to ourselves most days. That being said......we have also stayed at BWI and our last trip was POFQ. Having the foodcourt, pool, store, arcade and front desk so close.....we have decided that we will never stay in the Pirate Rooms at CBR again. We did the novelty of them for our son when he was little but now that he's older, we just don't feel the need. CBR is a fave resort and will stay there again but will try for a room a little closer to the center next time.

One more thing....Pirate Room area is great if you have a little one. That part of the resort is very quiet and we felt that we really got a nice break from the parks and the action when we needed it.

We stayed at CBR in 2011. Our girls were 4 and 6 at the time. We were in the Barbados section and it was a 10 minute walk to the food court. It was just a real PITA if we wanted to go and just fill our mugs, especially after a long day at the parks and with tired kiddos.

CBR was probably our least favorite resort, and we've stayed at 10 of them so far. But, since they now have options for families of 5, it may need to come back into our rotation at some point, but I would definitely book a preferred room. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter