CBR....coach me up a little please

dalt01

DIS Veteran
what building location?, good gift shop?, good pool?, lots of seating at the counter service? etc ??????????????. first time there, usually stay at OKW or POR........will i be happy? will i regret it?

I am a big fan of CBR, stayed there over 15 times and will be back in a week. We love Trinidad North, it is close to OPR but very quiet. Our next favorite was Aruba, looking over the lake to OPR. The main pool is the best, big, zero entry, 2 slides, 2 hot tubs. Plenty of seating inside OPR and seating outside too. The resort is great for renting a bike, laying on the one of the hammocks or having marshmallows on the beach by the campfire.

what building location?

Our favorite is Jamaica 45. It is a short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Pool. Aruba 51 is also very close, but we just love the bright yellow of Jamaica.

good gift shop?

Very nice gift shop.

good pool?

Great pool. Plus 2 slides and 2 hot tubs.

lots of seating at the counter service?

We have never had an issue finding a seat. And we usually go during free dining when it is at capacity.

etc ??????????????. first time there, usually stay at OKW or POR........will i be happy? will i regret it?

We've never stayed at OKW, but we used to stay at POR. That is until we tried CBR and now we can't seem to stay anywhere else. We just love it. Take a peek at the CBR thread for more details.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032047

Trinidad North is 1-3 minute walk to the main pool/food court. These rooms are preferred rooms, and I would suggest booking a preferred room. If you liked POR, then you won't be disappointed. It is different, and the experience will be different. But, the pool is pirate themed, with 2 slides, and a zero entry section, as well as 2 hot tubs. There is plenty of seating in the food court area, and I feel the food quality is very good. The gift shop is as nice as any other moderate. they have some extra pirate themed stuff. Rather than a river to walk by, the resort surrounds a lake and you walk a path along the lake from the pool/food court to most rooms on the resort. There is an outside bar by the main building and close to the pool.

If you like the beach (like I do) it's the best of both worlds. You get a beautiful relaxed beach feel and Disney at the same time!!!! Don't go there worried about it living up to the other resorts. Sit back and enjoy it. The pool bar is great. The pool area is beautiful. I've never had an issue finding a table at the counter service restaurant. The gift shop is ok, nothing special. My only wish is that when I go in 2 weeks, the queen beds were in the rooms. That's my only real knock on CBR. Other than those beds, I love and would recommend CBR to anyone!

This is an absolutely beautiful resort. My favorite location was in Barbados. We were across the parking lot from Custom House (check in) and around the corner from a bus stop. It can be a short walk (5-10 minutes) from Old Port Royal and the main pool area, but it is such a pleasant walk you don't really mind.

The gift shop is very nice as well. Typically do most of my shopping there on my "down time". Speaking of down time, make sure you take time to sit in one of the hammocks on the "beach" and just take it all in!

My family is partial to Martinique building 25! close to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter