CBR, BC or other?

Tammy296

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we're in the midst of booking a spring trip. Which place would you prefer and why? Pros and cons of those who have been there before are helpful....

I've never been to either and never been to any deluxe before. Contemporary was completely booked up for our dates so we couldn't choose that....

looking for: hot tubs, boats, easy access to night life/bars, beach style, sand. Friendly (not stuck up) resort. Just 2 adults going - a girls only trip so since we're going during spring break....you get the idea. I enjoy children but we'd like to find ways to enjoy good drinks, good food, good swimming (are pools really warm in April???)

Bus transportation should be reasonably easy and no long waits. Any longer than 15-20 minutes I have no patience for. :)

Also which is the bigger resort? Closer to other resorts and parks? We like DTD and Epcot for eating, MK is also a favorite.

Thanks for any/all comments (appreciated)!

Tammy:cheer2:

Ok, so we're in the midst of booking a spring trip. Which place would you prefer and why? Pros and cons of those who have been there before are helpful....

I've never been to either and never been to any deluxe before. Contemporary was completely booked up for our dates so we couldn't choose that....

looking for: hot tubs, boats, easy access to night life/bars, beach style, sand. Friendly (not stuck up) resort. Just 2 adults going - a girls only trip so since we're going during spring break....you get the idea. I enjoy children but we'd like to find ways to enjoy good drinks, good food, good swimming (are pools really warm in April???)

Bus transportation should be reasonably easy and no long waits. Any longer than 15-20 minutes I have no patience for. :)

Also which is the bigger resort? Closer to other resorts and parks? We like DTD and Epcot for eating, MK is also a favorite.

Thanks for any/all comments (appreciated)!

Tammy:cheer2:

We've stayed at and love both and although both resorts would accommodate your wants/needs, I think the BC has an edge over CBR in that the boardwalk is great for nightly entertainment. If you will be spending alot of time at Epcot, the BC is great as it's within walking distance to Epcot (as well as DHS), but you can also take the boat if you didn't want to walk. We thought the buses, however, were better at CBR. CBR is centrally located, so it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. The buses at the BC are hit or miss, IMO. During our stay, the buses shared among all 5 Epcot resorts, which made for crowded buses and a long time getting to the park. However, others have reported the buses only sharing between the BC & YC, so I don't think there is any way to know for sure what the bus situation will be like until you get there. I think both resorts are beautiful and offer a great Disney experience. Good luck.

I think if cost is not an issue, for two adults the BC is the way to go. As the PP said, you have the boardwalk entertainment available, plus you have Epcot WS right there for for lots of great dining choices. The short distance from two parks, a great pool, and a beautiful beach make it a great choice.

My only concern with you staying at the Beach Club is the busing. You share with the other boardwalk area resorts, so the buses are usually packed, and the ride to both MK and AK are longish. There is no way of knowing ahead of time how long the wait for a bus will be. Every WDW has good and bad days when it comes to that.

Unfortunately there is no one resort that is close to both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. You have to pick which park you would rather be closest to, and choose a resort that fits that criteria.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter