CBR, AoA or SoG?

masim

Mouseketeer
I am in the early stages of planniing our next trip. We are 4 adults and a 7 year old. Have stayed at POR and loved it, but would like a change. We have the option of staying at Shades of Green, or would get one room at CBR or a suite or 2 rooms at AoA.Any suggestions on which would be best? I think my biggest deterrent for SoG is that you can't book FP until 30 days out. Appreciate any help.

I don't have small children, except a grand and I usually stay at mods, but I can't recommend AoA enough, especially for your 7 yr old. I stayed at LM in 2014 and loved it! The distance to the main bldg is greater than Alligator Bayou to the main at POR but the play areas and pools are over the top amazing. The QS food area has some great choices and is wonderfully themed. Have a great trip!

LM2 (1).jpg LM2 (2).jpg

We usually stay at SOG (and have always been happy with it), but are trying CBR for the first time next month. We chose CBR because of things like 60 day advance FP+.

If you want to book hard to get FP+, or if you'd like to use some of the other Disney resort-specific amenities (Magical Express, 180+10 ADRs, free magic bands, Disney theming, dining plan,...), then I'd say CBR or AoA. If those things aren't important to you, then I'd recommend SOG (especially since it's a clean, MK/deluxe-area hotel with large rooms for a fraction of the price of the MK deluxes).

If money isn't really an issue, I'd go with the suite or two rooms at AoA. But I think a single room at CBR with a murphy bed would definitely get you the best deal. I dont really have any experience with SoG.

4 Adults & 1 child at CBR would fit just fine, thats IF your 7 year old will sleep on the murphy bed. CBR has queen beds now and its newly refurbished. Love that resort! But if you want to be even more comfy, 2 rooms at AoA/LM would be even better. (think, 2 bathrooms & more privacy!).

My first choice would be AoA for the space.

I am in the early stages of planniing our next trip. We are 4 adults and a 7 year old. Have stayed at POR and loved it, but would like a change. We have the option of staying at Shades of Green, or would get one room at CBR or a suite or 2 rooms at AoA.Any suggestions on which would be best? I think my biggest deterrent for SoG is that you can't book FP until 30 days out. Appreciate any help.

My choice would be CBR. We've never stayed at SoG or AoA, but we loved everything about CBR.

We thought our stay at AofA was magical. What a fun and well themed resort! Everything was so positive...our prior two stays had been at moderates, and guess where my husband wants to go back to next time...AofA!!

love cbr great main pool area, all the quiet pools in each village, 2 hot tubs, hammocks on the beach beautiful peace full surroundings, great food court, surrey bikes, outdoor movies, lovely place to just take a walk around. My friend and I would be in the hot tub every morning by 6am , it sure was a great way to begin our day and then after the parks a great way to just relax and unwind!

Thanks so much for the input! I think there are benefits to each hotel. This time we plan to go at a slower pace, which means less park days, more water parks and more time at the hotel pool I also think I will have to check the Anna & Elso meet & greet, as that is a must! Since we are not going till next year, maybe that will calm down a little?

Thanks so much for the input! I think there are benefits to each hotel. This time we plan to go at a slower pace, which means less park days, more water parks and more time at the hotel pool I also think I will have to check the Anna & Elso meet & greet, as that is a must! Since we are not going till next year, maybe that will calm down a little?

If Anna & Elsa are that important you need to book those fp as soon as you can. I planned our trip about 40 days in advance and all those fp were gone for our trip days. it wasn't a big deal for us since it wasn't that important to my littlest one but would have been nice. The stand by lines were crazy long but may be possible if you went right at rope drop.

We stayed at CBR and loved it. My 11 yo fit nicely on the murphy bed.

If I booked a one night stay at CBR, with a late arrival, would that entitle us to,use DME and get us magic bands? We would then switch to SOG and use the salute tickets. Would I then be able to book FP+ for the day after our arrival? I wouldn't have to buy one day tickets to schedule FP would I?

If I booked a one night stay at CBR, with a late arrival, would that entitle us to,use DME and get us magic bands? We would then switch to SOG and use the salute tickets. Would I then be able to book FP+ for the day after our arrival? I wouldn't have to buy one day tickets to schedule FP would I?

Yes, you would be able to use ME and get Magic Bands with your CBR stay.

If you link your salute tickets to your MDE account you'd be able to book FP+ at 60 days out for your arrival day and the next day. The days you're at SOG, you can book FP+ at 30 days out.

Also, if they extend the Salute tickets, they also offer room only discounts for military. It might make it less expensive for you to stay a WDW resort for your entire stay if that is something you are interested in doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter