• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR and 3 kids under the age of 3!

cookiebrito

Mouseketeer
I've been to Disney too many times to count but I have never stayed at CBR. We usually stay at FW or a Value resort. I just booked my vacation with the free dining deal. My travel party consists of DH, twin girls (2) and 9 month old baby. I have a few questions about CBR.

#1. Is there a ferry that takes guest to any theme park or DTD? (DH swears that there is a ferry)

#2. Which building do you recommend that is close to the main building? I would like to aviod the two bus situation. Can you imagine having to get in and out with 2 strollers and 3 kids :(

CBR does not have a ferry. It has busses to all areas of WDW.

In the moderate category, only the Port Orleans resorts have boats and they take guests to Downtown Disney, the rest of the areas are serviced by busses at those resorts.

CBR has a bookable category called "preferred location". Those buildings cost a bit more a night (something like $10) and put you very near the main area. If you don't want to book that category, you might ask for Jamaica, its a short walk across the bridge to the main area.

Here is a map of CBR that you might find helpful: http://allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg

You won't need two busses though regardless of where you stay. All villages at CBR have their own bus stop. There are a total of like 7 stops within the resort. It sounds like a pain, but honestly we found the route to be quick and had wonderful busses at CBR. Each village also has a quiet pool and laundry room.

There is no area of CBR that is further than a ten minute leisurely walk to the food court and main pool.

If I had kids the age of yours, I would pay for preferred and make sure you ask for first floor! There are no elevators in any of the CBR buildings so not fun if you have strollers to deal with!

I thought that mod resort were similar to fw. Also, thanks for the tip on the first floor. It never occured to me that there was no elevator.

#1. Is there a ferry that takes guest to any theme park or DTD? (DH swears that there is a ferry)
(

If you drive to the Magic Kingdom, you will park your car at the ticket & transportation center. At the T&TC you have two choices for getting to MK. You can take the monorail or, like we ALWAYS do, take the ferry. If you take the bus from your resort to MK, you will bypass the T&TC and the ferry.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

If I had kids the age of yours, I would pay for preferred and make sure you ask for first floor! There are no elevators in any of the CBR buildings so not fun if you have strollers to deal with!

Keep in mind that asking for a ground floor room is a request, and one you may not get. If you choose to stay at resort without elevators there is a chance you will end up hauling all of your stuff up and down stairs.

I know both Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter do have elevators. POR just in the Mansion buildings though. So that may be something you need to think about, if you have a lot of stuff to haul back and forth every day.

I'd pick a preferred room. We stayed in Trinidad North when we went. CBR is a big resort esp. with all the little ones. Have fun!!

We've been to CBR many times and have always gotten our request of a ground floor. When my daughters were young, we stayed in Martinique (which is now a preferred section) and it was really close to the food court and main pool. Now that everyone is adults, we stay either in Aruba or Jamaica and that is a very short walk across a bridge to the main pool and food court. Make sure to look at the CBR map of the sections/rooms when you make your room requests so that way you can be more specific. The staff has always been excellent about giving us our requests at CBR.

We've been to CBR many times and have always gotten our request of a ground floor. When my daughters were young, we stayed in Martinique (which is now a preferred section) and it was really close to the food court and main pool. Now that everyone is adults, we stay either in Aruba or Jamaica and that is a very short walk across a bridge to the main pool and food court. Make sure to look at the CBR map of the sections/rooms when you make your room requests so that way you can be more specific. The staff has always been excellent about giving us our requests at CBR.

Be that as it may, there is no guarantee of getting any request met. I would hate for the OP to get to CBR and not get a ground floor room and be upset because they requested one, but thought that meant they would absolutely get one.

No one can guarantee getting anyone getting their requests. And while the odds may be good of getting a ground floor room, I think we do other posters a disservice if we don't at least mention there is a chance that their request won't be met. That way the OP can make an informed choice.

Yes, it is a request. That is why I said she should "ask" but I guess I should have really gotten specific to say "ask but you may not receive"!

I do believe this request is more likely to be met than others because you have a 50% chance right off the bat. More since most people do not realize that any resort built in modern times doesn't have elevators. But as you say, nothing is every guaranteed in the World of Disney.

I always like to mention this no elevator thing with CBR, Alligator Bayou buildings at POR and OKW (it has only a few elevator buildings). Honestly have no idea what Disney was thinking given the fact that so many people travel with strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter