CBR 2 rooms or CR 1 room???

foush

Earning My Ears
This is my first post to the forum. I see there is lots of great information here!! I thought I would start my participation with a question about my up coming trip to WDW.

I will be traveling to WDW in Sept. for 7 nights and am debating between the following 2 options. It will be my wife and 4 kids (7, 5, 2.5 and 1 years old).

1) Stay at the CBR and get 2 rooms on the Fairytale special.
OR
2) Stay at the CR and get 1 room on the Fairytale special.

Both are about the same price. We think the kids will like the CBR better but we are concerned about the bus trip to MK. The monorail sounds appealing. I think it will be a little TIGHT in the CR but maybe it is worth it.

Any suggestions???

THose afe the last two resorts we stayed at!

We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED CBR. Super place, we really felt like we were on a vacation (until it got cut short by a family emergency). Definately our first choice resort going forward.

BUT... CR is wonderful, too. For the LOCATION. With a couple little ones like that, I'd go for the CR.

The only complaint I had about CR, we were in the south wing and the room is really big, was the food choices. We're not diners, so we don't normally do sit-down restaurants. But the snack bar got pretty old after a week. I would have done the restaurant a few times, except for one thing... it's right across from the bar, and reeks of stale smoke. At least at the entrance. Other than that, I loved, loved, loved CR. But since we're one room, it's a bit pricey for us.

Good luck, you'll love them both!!

(And we may be finishing our interrupted vacation at CBR in Sept.)

What concerns you about the bus trip to MK? The length of the ride? If so, truly it's not bad. You will be less then 5 minutes to MGM and maybe 6 or 7 to Epcot. AK and MK are a little longer a ride but not really that bad. I personally would go for CBR with adjoining rooms and that way your little ones can nap with the door open while your older kids and yourselves relax and watch TV or whatever in the other room. It's just MHO...I ate dinner at CR and it is a nice resort....I just really LOVED CBR.

I don't think DIsney will let you put that many people in to a room. The rooms are for 4 + a young child (under 3) in a crib.

The Poly has some rooms with daybeds. One other resort has room for 5 (+ a baby). I don't remember which one it is. The other choices would be the cabins at Fort Wilderness or one of the Villas.

Anybody know if CR allow 5+1?

This question hits home for me too, since I have 4 kids (17, 15, 10, 6). I'd love it if Disney had more affordable rooms for 6 people.

Also if you go for 2 rooms, request CONNECTING rooms (with the door between) not just adjoining rooms (next to one another).

I would vote for CBR. You will have a great time there. The monorail is nice but I think your kids would love CBR. Check out my pictures below.

Chairborne, CR will allow 5 plus and infant. They have 2 queen beds and 1 daybed which easily takes an adult.

As for the choice, wow, tough decision. It depends on what is more important to you. When you are traveling from site to site (with kids that young, you will probably spend most of your time, if not all, at MK), then Contemporary Resort wins easily (you cannot beat having the monorail right there). However, when you are relaxing at the resort, CBR would win, since you would have the 2 rooms, plus 2 bathrooms. For me, those would be the 2 issues that would decide it one way or the other.'

Enjoy - they are both great resorts!

Pick CBR. It's a much better choice with small children. The food court has a much better selection. And the bus trip to MK is not really bad at all. From CR the trip to anywhere except MK seems to take forever!

Greg

CBR would be my choice. First, it is my favorite resort, great theme and beautiful grounds. Second, because there are so many of you, you will appreciate the extra bathrooms, beds and space. The idea of having a napping room is a good one. Third the food court area has a good selection. Lastly the option of quiet pool, close to your room, in addition to having the main theme pool is fun. I must admit that I usually have a rental car when we stay there. We drive to all the parks, except MK. Still think the bus is the fastest, easiest way to get there. Have Fun.

With kids that age, my guess is that you will probably be spending most of your time in the MK. If this is the case, my vote would be for the CR because of convenience. Just a hop, skip and a jump away if you want to go back to the room in the afternoon for a rest or some pool time. Plus the CBR is very big. Depending on where you stay, it can be quite far to the bus stop and food court for the little ones. We really like the CBR. The first time there we did not have a car. We have stayed there a few times since then and always have a car which we use daily. I think with the ages of your kids you may like the convenience of the CR's location (IMHO). Have a great trip and I hope that you enjoy whichever resort you choose. Sherry :Pinkbounc :D :Pinkbounc

We have room booked in aug. at all stars. we are deciding wheter to get 2 rooms at all star or spend a little more and get 2 rooms at cbr. i have wanted to stay there for a while. it is me,dh, dd14 and her friend who is 14. IM still not sure if we should try for the fairy tale pkg also. we have 9 nts at hotel, i dont know if ftp is for more than 7 nts. what would you do. I like all star, food court if perfect for teens. Also cbr might be to much walking. what do you all think. thanks.

Dopey's twin Dippy, you can always request rooms close to the food court and main pool at CBR. We stayed at All Star Music and did much more walking to the food court than we ever did at CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter