CBR 10 days, would you do online check in?

ilovevacation

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!
Today is my 10 day window :cool1: and I am torn about online check in. We are staying at our first moderate (CBR) and I feel like it is going to be magical no matter what. I have read the 300+ pages of the CBR thread and am more confused then ever. I booked a standard room and don't know what to do. I am thinking of wishing on my lucky star pixiedust:...no online check in and just see what I get when I get there. (Although I don't post much, I creep around the blog all the time.) I am concerned if I chose something and get it, I may be let down.(too far away, last bus stop, too noisy, etc...) If I just go with it (my goal for the trip other then my ADR) I can only be suprised.

Any advice will only be helpful.

Lots of love to my Disney family :p

the benefit of online check in is to save you some time when you get there....your package will be waiting for you. I say do it...I've never been disappointed.

You are definitely going in with the right attitude about which room you get. Honestly, the resort is so beautiful that we don't mind any of the villages. However, after being in Jamaica 45 it has turned into our favorite location. It is under 5 minutes to get to OPR and the Main Pool. And the walk across the bridge in picturesque and very serene.

A side note on requests. The best way to put in a request is to call CRO and add it to your reservation. During online check-in is not the way to add a request. At least not now, it may be different once WDW completes whatever work they are doing to their reservation system. During online check-in you will provide a credit card for room charges and let them know your approximate arrival time so they can have your packet ready for you. It also increases your odds of your room being ready when you get there.

Just to let you know our recent experiences. Our last 3 trips we have done online check-in. We made our requests of Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor at the time we made our reservation. I called back around a week before we arrived and asked them to read me back any requests that are on our reservation and they both were there. Did online check-in at 10 days out. We arrived around 10:30AM and all 3 trips we got both our requests and the room was ready.

That was just our experience, but just wanted you to know. Either way, I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do!!:thumbsup2

We always do online check in now, as soon as it is available. For us it has worked out in our benefit every time. Our room is ready as early as 9 am, and we have gotten our requests every time (Casitas at CSR, and Arusha view at AKL this past week). I don't see any reason not to do it. Yes you have to provide a credit card but they don't charge it, and you can change the card if you so choose when you arrive. We have no issues having the card on our room key. If you don't like the room they have given you, tell them you're not happy, and be willing to wait for a different room. Have a great trip!

Thanks! I tried to do the online check in but the system seems to be down...hopefully it will be back online soon!

The online booking system is down right now but should be back up and running later this evening. I have done online check-in every year since it's been implemented. I honestly don't think that there's a bad village to be in at the CBR. As a matter of fact, I wrote about that very thing in my trip report. If you want to take a look at the pictures, just click on the link in my signature below. There are handy dandy links in post 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter