CBP Announces Trusted Traveler Programs Fee Changes

Jimsig

DIS Veteran
Global Entry, NEXUS and SENTRI all increasing to $120. GE up from $100, NEXUS up from $50. Not sure what SENTRI was.

"Kids under the age of 18 will be exempt from the application fee when a parent or legal guardian is already a member of, or concurrently applying for NEXUS, SENTRI, or Global Entry." So that's a positive.

Apparently no change to Pre-Check.

CBP Announces Trusted Traveler Programs Fee Changes

SENTRI was $120. This is making all of the programs the same price. While NEXUS is going up, this will make it eligible in practice if not in name for all of the TSA/Pre credits from credit cards. If NEXUS had an enrollment location within 10 hours of me I'd think about it, instead I have a GE appointment in two weeks.

SENTRI was $120. This is making all of the programs the same price. While NEXUS is going up, this will make it eligible in practice if not in name for all of the TSA/Pre credits from credit cards. If NEXUS had an enrollment location within 10 hours of me I'd think about it, instead I have a GE appointment in two weeks.
It will be interesting to see if the credit cards up the credit to $120 or keep it at $100. I would think if one goes up they all will.

I had always read that because it was a joint US/CDN program and had the CDN Govt aspect NEXUS was only $50 but included pre and GE. It was made to seem like it was CDN that set the price.

I almost got NEXUS last summer as I was going to be close to the CDN border but all the appts filled up very quickly. there were a ton and all of a sudden gone. I wondered if they had opened up a bunch of appoints and I had just happens to check when they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter