• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CB or POFQ

I personally love POFQ. I love that it is a smaller hotel and not super spread out. I love walking down the cobblestone streets. My girls loved the slide in the pool. I love the boat that takes me to Downtown Disney. We might be going in May and will be going back to POFQ.

I just can't make up my mind. Traveling Easter week. Any opinions are welcome.

We've never stayed at POFQ as the theme/decor doesn't appeal to us, but we loved everything about CBR and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I've stayed at both, and to me it isn't even close. POFQ. It is much smaller, so no need to pay for a preferred room location in order to be close to the pool or main buildings. Also POFQ only has one bus stop compared to the seven at CBR. You are on your way to the parks so much faster with only one stop!

Only stayed at CBR and going back for cheer comp in late April/early May. We love it there. Everything from the fact that it is big but each country has its own pool and self service laundry, to the curtained bathroom sink area, to watching Epcot fireworks from the pool without the crowds. We actually like it more than the Deluxe Shades of Green.

Never stayed at either. We have stayed at POR and walked to POFQ and loved the resort. The benya's are awesome. ;)

I have stayed at both and enjoyed my stay at both. There are plusses and minuses to both resorts. CBR is a huge resort! If you do not pay for a preferred room, the walk to the main building can be very long. In contrast, POFQ is much more compact. It is an easy walk to the main building and the bus from even the farthest room.

I also like the room better at POFQ. It is nice to have the queen beds.

CBR has a much better pool in my opinion. POFQ only has one pool and it seems small and geared for younger kids. I also enjoy CBR's food options more than POFQ. CBR has both a food court and sit down restraint, while POFQ only has a food court. Also, I find POFQ food court pretty limited (I do enjoy those beignets though.)

I hope this helps! I hope you have a great time wherever you stay.

I've stayed at both and POFQ wins by a long shot!!! It's small, quaint, nicely themed. The rooms are pretty and we had our best bus service ever at POFQ (even better than our deluxe stays). :goodvibes

CBR is one of (ok, our only) "probably never again" resorts.

Having stayed at both we much prefer CBR. They are both great resorts but CBR has more to offer. It has such a relaxed laid back feel that is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. We actually feel like we get 2 vacations in one. CBR has a better pool and food court. Even if CBR is at capacity it never feels like it, unlike POFQ. We would not hesitate to stay at POFQ, but with the choice of both we will always choose CBR.

We have stayed at both and I agree with dansdad. We really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere at CB. Loved hanging out on the hammocks on the beaches. The only downside is the double beds but it is my understanding they will be replaced with queen beds during the upcoming refurb.

Huge vote here for POFQ.
It's intimate. It's lovely strolling at night. The newly refurbished rooms (without the big nasty comforters) are really elegant, yet carry the theme. You almost feel like you're getting deluxe for moderate prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter