Cavalcade rant/question

ghoweywilson

Earning My Ears
Just getting back from Disney last week, I have a little rant/ question for everyone here. Don't know if this has been asked before but I figured someone here might be able to add some insight.

Here goes,

My boyfriend and I like to head out to Disney twice a year. One big trip, and one little one (just to get our fix in) We like to take it easy especially on the smaller weekend trips except for the days we do MK where I usually drag him out of bed to go see RD. (It's a favorite) We were both happy to see Anna and Elsa had been added to the morning show and set an added tone of excitement for our day as like everyone I LOVE Frozen. However being in my mid 20's can't constitute waiting a million hours for a 5 second meet and greet. We figured we'd just grab some pics of them during the Festival of fantasy parade.

Unfortunately, it rained and the parade was cancelled. It's Florida, it's summer, these things happen. We grabbed our ponchos and were ready to watch the rainy day cavalcade and make the best of a rainy situation.... but where the heck were Anna and Elsa?? For two characters that are so immensely popular I was pretty upset and surprised to see them not included in the cavalcade. Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?

We couldn't have been the only people who bypassed the meet and greet to see them in the parade. Hell, it's advertised that they'll be in the parade on the park maps. (There are pictures might I add so every child that looked at that map and was waiting for the parade was waiting for them to show up.)

It sucked not seeing the new parade but I really could have been appeased by them throwing Anna and Elsa into the cavalcade, would it really have taken much to throw them onto a car to wave? I'm assuming they were ready to go in case the rain stopped...

So what's up with this? I know Disney insists that there is only ONE character in the world. Do they stop the meet and greets during parade time and this allowed them to return early to the masses waiting for their character interaction??

Unless things have changed, the cavalcade characters are not the characters from the parade. This is an entirely different crew on stand-by. I'm guessing they just haven't added them? The cavalcade is in no way meant to "emulate" the larger parades on a smaller scale, just simply to substitute.

I didn't mean that they should put every character in the parade into the cavalcade. Was just expressing what a poor decision Disney was making in not including two hugely popular characters.

Whether these were a different group of characters or not, the characters that were originally slated to be in Festival of Fantasy must have been ready to go out with the parade in case the rain had ceased.

What is the cavalcade? I have never heard of this! We were there one day after Memorial Day when FoF was canceled and we didn't see anything done instead of the parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter