• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cats?

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a great DL trip.

We were wondering what was the deal with the cats near splash mountain and canoe boats?

We just returned from a great DL trip.

We were wondering what was the deal with the cats near splash mountain and canoe boats?

There have been cats living in the park for decades. Several books say that when they went to build the Sleeping Beauty diaorama inside the castle (closed since just after 9/11) back in '58 or '59, that it was filled with feral cats and fleas.

They are just random feral cats that love disney so much they live there!

I have a theory that they were brought in to help keep the rodent population (with the exception of a couple really big ones) under control and that Disney just keeps them there.

mindy- that would make some sense, and I have heard that theory before!

depends on who you ask. some say disney brought them in, some say they were just found one day and allowed to stay for rodent control.

some say disney has informed CMs time and time again not to feed them because they no longer go after the mice as much, some have suggested Disney even has a program to get them shots and fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter