Catholic Mass

CAL2002

Earning My Ears
Please let me know if there is still a Catholic Mass that is said at one of the resorts. If not, what is the closest Catholic Church? Has anyone ever used a taxi to get there and if so, how much did it cost? Thanks!!

Hello, Right off of 535 on Vineland Road there is a HUGE catholic church called the Queen Mary Shrine (I think.) It is about 3-4 miles from Downtown Disney and easy to get to.

They don't have Catholic Mass at the Polynesian anymore? That's where we went to mass when we went to WDW.

So did Disney just cancel the Catholic service or did they cancel all religious services?

When we visited last year, I was expecting to attend mass at the Polynesian. However, when I asked about it, I was told Disney no longer provides any religious services. We, therefore, took a taxi to the Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine. It took about 20 minutes and cost $16 each way. You can look up the mass times at masstimes.org.

We too were expecting mass at the Polynesian on our visit last year. However, we went to Mary Queen of Universe Shrine (?). It is a beautiful church and a lovely service and everyone is so friendly and welcoming. It is a very large church and is not too far from Downtown Disney. :cool1:

artblessed said:
So did Disney just cancel the Catholic service or did they cancel all religious services?

Disney did not cancel anything. It is due to a shortage of pastors and priests available to preside at the services.

We are a family of five . . . would we be able to use a taxi. We are flying and are using a towncar to get the to resort and back to the airport.

Yes, cal2002, you can use a taxi. There were 6 of us - they have taxi-vans for larger families. We just walked out front of Pop Century where all the taxis are parked and told them how many people we had. They had a taxi for us within minutes. We asked the driver to return about an hour later, and although we did have to wait about 10 minutes or so, she did return for us. In the meantime, we visited the beautiful gift shop at the Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine. It really is a very lovely church.

Thanks for all your help!! I can't believe that we will be there next week! We are so excited!! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter