• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Catholic Easter Sunday Mass?

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
Does Disney offer a Catholic mass for Easter Sunday during the seven night cruise?

Unfortunately, I have never been on a DCL cruise that has offered a Catholic Mass, which is my one real criticism of DCL. They certainly have offered a non-denominational service on Sundays, but no mass.

When I used my DVC points to cruise Alaska with Holland American two years ago, I was very pleased to see that it offered a Catholic Mass daily on the seven-day cruise (in addition to Sundays).

I am guessing that you may be out of luck, even on Easter...

We were on the 4 day wonder over Easter in 2006, and yes they did have a catholic mass. Not sure if this is always the case, or if they did because there was a priest on board.

We were on the Magic(Eastern) in February 2005 during the week of Ash Wednesday and they had both had mass celebrated every single day in the Buena Vista Theatre. It was pretty cool attending mass with both guests and cast members alike. I'm not sure if they invite a priest onboard every week or only on weeks of major feasts/occasions. I'm pretty sure they would have a priest onboard for Easter week. Next time we are going to be on the Western, so we will probably try to find a Catholic church in Key West (Sunday) if there is no mass celebrated onboard.

There is only mass when a priest is onboard.

Funny, on our double dip, we were at CC on Sunday - absolutely no way to get to mass...a first in my travels
Barb

We cruised over Christmas on the Magic and a retired priest was on board and celebrated Catholic Mass on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in the Walt Disney Theater. A CM on board said they do this for the major holiday (Christmas and Easter)

TK

Those who had Mass on board are so lucky. We haven't had a priest on-board. We asked for help finding a Mass in Marseille since we were there on a Sunday and they looked at us so strangely then didn't help. We did catch part of one (in French) but just by luck.

We were on the Magic(Eastern) in February 2005 during the week of Ash Wednesday and they had both had mass celebrated every single day in the Buena Vista Theatre. It was pretty cool attending mass with both guests and cast members alike. I'm not sure if they invite a priest onboard every week or only on weeks of major feasts/occasions. I'm pretty sure they would have a priest onboard for Easter week. Next time we are going to be on the Western, so we will probably try to find a Catholic church in Key West (Sunday) if there is no mass celebrated onboard.

If you are in Key West for Easter, make sure you to go to St Mary's Catholic Church on Truman Avenue - its an experience you will not forget - St Mary's has been around since the 1800's and has changed very little from when I was a child - all of my family, me, my children were baptisted there, but then every conch that were catholic were baptisted there - has a lot of history
Look also for the Grotto in the back - that is also as old as the hills/
always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter