Catholic Church near Disney

paper1225

DIS Veteran
I am not sure where to post this question-hopefully this area will give me a response! We will be at Disney for Christmas and want to go to church on Christmas eve. I think I have read somewhere that disney will have a non denominational service on the resort area somewhere, but I am looking for a Catholic Church close to the resort-any suggestions? Names would be great so I can do a web search and find mass times!
There is a shrine of some sort off of I-4 that I remember seeing before, I think right by the Dixie Stampede-is this a Catholic Church? We have never stopped there.
thanks!

Hi!! There is Mary Queen of the Universe Church/Shrine.

Here is the website:

Mary Queen of the Universe

We will be attending 7:30 Am mass there a week from now :goodvibes !

There is another church, but I don't remember the name. I think you can look it up here on www.wdwinfo.com .

I hope that this helps! Merry Christmas!

:wave2:

Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine

8300 Vineland Avenue

Orlando, FL 32821

407-239-6600

Saint James Catholic Cathedral http://www.stjcc.com

215 N. Orange Avenue

Orlando, FL

407-422-2005

paper1225 said:
I am not sure where to post this question-hopefully this area will give me a response! We will be at Disney for Christmas and want to go to church on Christmas eve. I think I have read somewhere that disney will have a non denominational service on the resort area somewhere, but I am looking for a Catholic Church close to the resort-any suggestions? Names would be great so I can do a web search and find mass times!
There is a shrine of some sort off of I-4 that I remember seeing before, I think right by the Dixie Stampede-is this a Catholic Church? We have never stopped there.
thanks!

Yes, that is Mary, Queen of the Universe. (See link below)

thank you, thank you thank you :dance3:
that just helps our surprise trip a little more!
Merry Christmas!

Bear in mind, however, that Christmas Eve (as with Easter services) is an extremely popular and busy mass (read: a lot of people). Make sure you allot enough time to get there and find a spot to park.

The Shrine is very good about crowds and crowd control in general, but it always makes sense to give yourself some extra time ...

Are there any shuttles to mass from WDW resorts and if so, how much do they cost? Are reservations needed?

Remember back in the day they used to have mass at the Poly where the luau is? I wonder why they dont do that anymore. :confused3

There is a Mass on Christmas Day in the ballroom at the Contemporary. We have attended the last 2 Christmas Days & it was very nice. We also enjoy Mass at the Shrine.

I do remember attending Mass at the Polynesian.

During mass at the Contemporary this last Christmas-the Priest let us know that Disney only allows them to come on Easter and Christmas, it was sort of comical, he also told us that if we would like to see different then speak with Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter