Catherine or Katherine?

C or K?

• Catherine (CTH)

• Katherine (KTH)

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you like Catherine, you should go with that. My DD is Catherine and we call her Catie. It may seem like an unusual spelling at first, but you will quickly get used to it. I can't imagine calling our Catie anything else! I also think Cate is cute too. Congrats to you!

DD is Katherine. We call her Katie or Kate, never Kathy.

I always assumed Cathy was short for Catherine and Kathy short for Kathleen. At least that is how it is with my MIL and SIL :confused3.

Katerine - Kate. But then, I'm biased as well! Since I'm named after my Grandma who was given the name and spelling here in 1901, I've always just considered it the "normal" way to spell it.

My dd is Kathryn. My mom is Kathryn but everyone calls her Kathi. If dd shortens it, she goes with Kat. I went to school with a Kate and have terrible associations with that name so
I vetoed it from the start.

I like Catherine with a C but Katie with a K. I have a longer middle name (Elizabeth), so my parents when with the shorter first name, so I'm a Katie Elizabeth. I like the shorter name.

I had this same debate with my youngest DD, who we ended up naming Katherine. She is named after my great-grandmother, whose name was actually spelled Catherine. I actually like Catherine better, but I knew we were going to call her Katie, and I just couldn't get used to spelling it Catie. For some reason when I see it spelled with a C, it seems like it should be pronounce "Catty.":confused3

My mom was Kathleen, called Kathy. My aunt is Catherine, called Cathy and my DD is Kathryn, called Katie and sometimes Kate. I love the name no matter how its spelled!

I'm Kathryn :D

I like Kathryn or Katherine the best.

I get called Kath. I will not allow people to call me Katie (if my parents wanted to call me Katie, they should have named me Katie!), Kate (again), Kat (not an animal!) or Kathy (just not me). It's Kath or Kathryn.

DD's name is Catharine. I prefer that spelling. Some kids call her "Cat", my mom calls her Cathy.:thumbsup2

If Aiden had been a girl, he would have been Katheryn :)

Either way, she's gonna be spelling it out for the rest of her life!

I'd go with Kate if that's what you plan to call her...it'd be simple..."It's Kate...with a K." Not "It's Kathryn, with a K...no, K-A-T-H-R-Y-N...yes R-Y-N...."

My name is Catherine and different family members and friends call me either Cathy, Cat or Catherine.

I chose Katherine, because that's my middle name. :)

My cousin is named Catherine. My niece is named Katherine. I like both.

I picked "K", even though my DD's middle name in Cathleen and I call her Lyddie Cate sometimes or Lydia Cate.

I will not allow people to call me Katie (if my parents wanted to call me Katie, they should have named me Katie

See, I had the opposite take on this. I KNEW I was going to call my DD Katie. But, I also thought that as an adult she might not want to be "Katie." Maybe in a professional capacity she would feel more comfortable with a more grown up sounding name, and would prefer to use Katherine or Kate. I mean, it may work for Katie Couric, but I think that to a great degree, in the business world, someone who goes by Katie may not be given the same respect (at least initially) as a Katherine / Catherine or Kate. I'm not saying it's right (I personally love the name Katie) just that I think that's how it is. Her dad wanted to just name her Katie, but I preferred Katherine, so that she can use her full name later if she chooses to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter