caterpillar chili

Agent Provocateur

Mouseketeer
In the spirit of cooler weather, I decided to make chili. I browned the meat, dumped in the tomatoes, onions and peppers, and spices, and opened some cans of beans. I was rinsing the beans in the colander, because I heard that reduces their gaseous effects, when I noticed something a little off. There, nestled among my kidney beans, was a little caterpillar.

bug1.jpg

After debating whether to dump him in the chili for a dose of additional protein, I fished him out to get a better look.

bug2.jpg

Seeing as how I've never eaten a worm that wasn't pickled in alcohol, I decided to leave him out of the chili.

My question now: What should I do with the worm? :confused3

In the spirit of cooler weather, I decided to make chili. I browned the meat, dumped in the tomatoes, onions and peppers, and spices, and opened some cans of beans. I was rinsing the beans in the colander, because I heard that reduces their gaseous effects, when I noticed something a little off. There, nestled among my kidney beans, was a little caterpillar.

bug1.jpg

After debating whether to dump him in the chili for a dose of additional protein, I fished him out to get a better look.

bug2.jpg

Seeing as how I've never eaten a worm that wasn't pickled in alcohol, I decided to leave him out of the chili.

My question now: What should I do with the worm? :confused3

I'd send him back, postage due, to the company that canned the beans!

Do you happen to have a little worm-sized coffin?

:scared1: Dump him in a bottle of tequilla and see who you can convince to eat it. :lmao:

Ummmmmm... did you actually use those beans??? :eek: Maybe it's safe, but I just couldn't stomach that, personally. I'd be taking the can and the caterpillar back to the store. Ugh.

I'm kind of torn between dipping him in chocolate and burying him in my sandbox. It's a tough choice.

I did not use the beans. I didn't want to disturb the crime scene.

He's a cute lil fella! Buy a little leash and keep him as a pet.

Do you have a turtle sandbox?

Are you Anthony Bourdain?

Jean

DSC_9355.jpg

I know, I know, it's supposed to be Mescal, but so few people know that, the humor would be lost.

I say leave it in the chili and whoever gets it...wins:yay: :dance3: :banana: :cheer2:

I'm kind of torn between dipping him in chocolate and burying him in my sandbox. It's a tough choice.

I did not use the beans. I didn't want to disturb the crime scene.
:lmao:
I say leave it in the chili and whoever gets it...wins:yay: :dance3: :banana: :cheer2:

wins what? I might be in for the game...all depends on the prize tho.

Ya know in some countries those little guys are delicacies...just sayin' :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter