Category 4

Nesnboy

Earning My Ears
We just found out that we have been upgraded from a category 6 to a category 4 for our 1/24 cruise (yippee!).

Our room is 8092. I have a couple of questions:

The room is an attached stateroom. Is there typically a noise problem through the door from the other stateroom? Should we see if we can move?

Is the pull-down bed a Murphy bed that sits on the floor, or is there a bunk bed also?

This is our first cruise (ever) and we are very excited! I might even be more psyched than the kids.

Shouldn't be any noise problems. It's basically a double door with one on each side. We never noticed anything and we booked them to be adjacent. With the doors closed, neither of us heard anything.

You'll still have bunkbeds with a pulldown Murphy bed. The width of this bed is basically the extended length of the stateroom vs. a Cat 6. You really do notice the difference!

Have a blast!

We noticed a big difference between the Category 4 and 5, that little bit of extra space is wonderful! Congratulations!

We had a connecting door in our Cat. 5 and did have a noise problem. Our next door neighbors were extremely loud and inconsiderate, and most of the noise seemed to come through the door. I expect noisy neighbors are a problem no matter what the configuration, however, and I don't know that I'd look the proverbial gift horse in the mouth and try to get a different cabin after getting a free upgrade!

Congrats and have fun.

On our last cruise we were upgraded to 8094 (which I think is the connecting room to 8092) We had no noise problems at all. I loved the location way aft.

Enjoy the extra space and the pixie dust.

Nesnboy -
Come join our thread under "Cruise Meets". We've got a long list of other Disers who are going. In our family, it will be myself, DH, DS6 and DS4. If you're interested in meeting other families, just post a reply - everyone has been so friendly. And welcome - hope to meet you during the cruise.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter