Category 4 Recommendation for Magic / Wonder

disnygirl55

Forever Mouseketeer
My family is planning a VERY future trip to the Med (If the itinerary is available) for summer of 2016. Just looking at the Med prices, it is going to be difficult to justify a Category T 1-bedroom suite for around $28K :eek:. We've never sailed in a different category, so it's going to take a little getting used to, I'm sure. On the classic ships, we've always sailed in a sideways Category T.

Knowing that, can anyone recommend a good stateroom in Category 4? Verandah is an absolute must for us.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and the prices will go down by then, but I'm not holding my breath. It's also possible that we'll change our mind about the price point by then... :rolleyes1

Thanks for any advice you have!

My family is planning a VERY future trip to the Med (If the itinerary is available) for summer of 2016. Just looking at the Med prices, it is going to be difficult to justify a Category T 1-bedroom suite for around $28K :eek:. We've never sailed in a different category, so it's going to take a little getting used to, I'm sure. On the classic ships, we've always sailed in a sideways Category T.

Knowing that, can anyone recommend a good stateroom in Category 4? Verandah is an absolute must for us.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and the prices will go down by then, but I'm not holding my breath. It's also possible that we'll change our mind about the price point by then... :rolleyes1

Last time we were on the Magic -- we were far forward in 8514. We really liked it -- there wasn't much traffic because it was almost at the end of the hall. It was quiet for this reason and because the stateroom is under the spa - so no chairs being moved around on the deck at 4am. On a prior cruise we were more midship, under the pool area, and noise from above was a problem for us in the early morning hours.

Thanks NC Tink, I appreciate the advice about location - I'll definitely keep that in mind! :)

Our first cruise, we were in Cabin 8058 and loved having all that space (family of four). But for affordability, we moved down to Deck 6 for future cruises and have found it to be fine - I think the cabin we get now is a Category 5C - cabin 6116. We love it because the location is good, it has a verandah, and it's above the lifeboats and no cabins directly underneath.

Do you need the extra space that a Category 4 offers? I don't know all the new categories, just the cabin locations :)

Thanks everyone - several good points. No, we don't need the extra space - there are only 3 of us, but we enjoy an open floor plan and all the room to roam around the cabin that the category T gives us. We splurged on concierge our very first cruise, and just find it hard to imagine being in a "standard hotel room" type layout for several days. We are completely spoiled, I admit it. As a result, we can't afford to cruise every year, but we enjoy our cruises and the time in our stateroom and hanging out on our verandah SO VERY MUCH!

The cost of a Med cruise on Disney is staggering - but if we could find a way, we'd book a suite again. Just telling myself that on a Med cruise, there will be so many ports of call and so many fun excursions, that we won't spend much time in our stateroom at all....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter