Category 4 murphy bed

disneypharm

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of upgrading from Category 5C to 4D for our upcoming cruise with Disney Dream in October. In our last cruise on Disney Wonder, both DDs were afraid to sleep on the top bunk bed and we ended up having 3 people on the queen sized bed and 1 person on the sofa. None of us slept well! So, after talking to a CM from DCL, I was told that category 4 cabins have an extra murphy bed.
So, I was wondering if anyone here can give me information about this extra bed (eg, photos, size, comfort level, etc).
Thanks in advance

We are in 4D for our upcoming cruise, and from the description of our room, it says it sleeps 4 or 5, which means the murphy bed might not be in all the rooms. I haven't seen a review of my particular cabin (6130) so I don't know if mine has one or not. Does anyone know how you know if your room has one? Our occupancy is 4, not 5...

We are in 4D for our upcoming cruise, and from the description of our room, it says it sleeps 4 or 5, which means the murphy bed might not be in all the rooms. I haven't seen a review of my particular cabin (6130) so I don't know if mine has one or not. Does anyone know how you know if your room has one? Our occupancy is 4, not 5...

Thanks. There are 4 of us. I really don't care about the extra space, I just want the extra bed. I wouldn't upgrade to a cabin with only 4 beds.

Maybe a call to DCL would help you by knowing which 4D's are available and if they have the murphy bed... For us, we hope we don't have one, so that we have a bit more room in the cabin...

Maybe a call to DCL would help you by knowing which 4D's are available and if they have the murphy bed... For us, we hope we don't have one, so that we have a bit more room in the cabin...

I made my reservation through a TA. She will be calling them tomorrow to get the information. I am also hoping the price difference is as much as it was a year ago and not much higher.

So, anyone has any information about the size and comfort level? Photos?

We were in 4B category in March, Cabin #8130, which indicated it slept 4 or 5.

If you care to PM me with your e-mail will be glad to send some large photos of the cabin showing the Murphy bed down to give you an idea of the size.

Best wishes.

We were in 4B category in March, Cabin #8130, which indicated it slept 4 or 5.

If you care to PM me with your e-mail will be glad to send some large photos of the cabin showing the Murphy bed down to give you an idea of the size.

Best wishes.

Thanks. I will do that. I have never PM'd before so it might take me a while.

Otimon, I think I did it. I have responded to PMs before but didn't know how to send a new PM.
Thanks again

We have done 2 cruises, both in cat. 4 rooms. The murphy bed folds down out of the wall across the sliding glass door to the verandah. So when the bed is down, you have to crawl across it to get onto the verandah. A very small inconvenience for the extra bed. My DD slept on it both cruises and had no trouble sleeping.

We have done 2 cruises, both in cat. 4 rooms. The murphy bed folds down out of the wall across the sliding glass door to the verandah. So when the bed is down, you have to crawl across it to get onto the verandah. A very small inconvenience for the extra bed. My DD slept on it both cruises and had no trouble sleeping.

In our cabin, there was ample room (albeit narrow) between the end of the Murphy bed and the dresser to get to the door without crawling over the bed. A sliding step (more narrow but doable) from there along the side of the bed to open the door.

Our daughter slept there as well and loved having such a good view from the bed. Glad to help with any information.

Best wishes.

If you can't get the room you want maybe they can put the matress from the top bunk on the floor. Then one child can sleep on the couch pull out and the other on the matress on the floor.

If you can't get the room you want maybe they can put the matress from the top bunk on the floor. Then one child can sleep on the couch pull out and the other on the matress on the floor.

I didn't know you could remove the mattress from the top bunk. This is a great option I didn't think about. I just have to wait for TA to let me know about the price tomorrow. I noticed that the price for our 5C category has gone up by $2500 :scared1: Hopefully, the upgrade is from the price we paid a year ago and not this new price!!

In our cabin, there was ample room (albeit narrow) between the end of the Murphy bed and the dresser to get to the door without crawling over the bed. A sliding step (more narrow but doable) from there along the side of the bed to open the door.

Our daughter slept there as well and loved having such a good view from the bed. Glad to help with any information.

Best wishes.

We've been off the Dream for three days (4A) and my foot is still hurting from kicking the end of murphy bed while going out to the the verandah. It took us two days to realize we could simply push it back up into the wall ourselves. It's not locked in place, so be careful, but it's a lot better than climbing over or squeezing past.

On a side note, we loved deck 10 because it was so close to the pool deck and drink stations, but the 6AM CM pool chair shuffle was annoying.

We've been off the Dream for three days (4A) and my foot is still hurting from kicking the end of murphy bed while going out to the the verandah. It took us two days to realize we could simply push it back up into the wall ourselves. It's not locked in place, so be careful, but it's a lot better than climbing over or squeezing past.

On a side note, we loved deck 10 because it was so close to the pool deck and drink stations, but the 6AM CM pool chair shuffle was annoying.

Thanks. A great info. It's nice to be able to remove the bed in the morning as we love to sit on the balcony early in the morning. I am looking into only deck 7, 8, or 9. I don't want to be on deck 6 (because of all the activities on deck 5) and on deck 10 (because of being below the pools). I am hoping that I get an answer soon.

Thanks. A great info. It's nice to be able to remove the bed in the morning as we love to sit on the balcony early in the morning. I am looking into only deck 7, 8, or 9. I don't want to be on deck 6 (because of all the activities on deck 5) and on deck 10 (because of being below the pools). I am hoping that I get an answer soon.

I believe you would need 4C or higher for this, as 4Ds are only on the Deck 6 (from what I see at least)...

We had a 4A on deck 10 too for our April cruise. I slept in the Murphy bed.(43 years old). My mom and I were originally sharing this room with my sis and son. Then my Dad threw a big stink and wanted to come too. That is how I ended up on the Murphy bed. It wasn't bad and I slept well every night. I too hit my foot several times on the bottom and it was a pain to get to the slider. Our cabin steward was awesome and had all the beds put away the minute after we left for breakfast. I didn't really notice a lot of noise from above - only on the night of the fireworks and the pirate movie. After the fireworks and a little partying we came back to the room to go to sleep and you could hear a lot of chair shuffling noise. But I was so tired every night that it wasn't difficult to go to sleep. I loved the bed being right next to slider in the morning - I could pull the curtain back a little and wake up looking at the blue sky and ocean. It was an amazing sight, I am looking forward to our Spring Break 2012 trip - now that my husband is joining all of us we have two adjoining staterooms and I will get to sleep in the real bed!
Debbie

We are a family of four and stayed in a 4B on deck 8 on the Dream last month. We did NOT have a murphy bed in our room!

There are a good number of rooms that don't have the bed and since you are a family of 4 I would definitely check w/ your TA or DCL to make sure you are choosing a room that has the bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter