• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Category 2 and 3" rough prices for 4 day?

MarriedAtDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi all. My family is looking into 4 day cruise this October. We have two kids, DS 3 and DD 5.

We're interested in the Cat 3 one bedroom suite. But since you can't find out anything about pricing without calling - I was wondering if anyone has even a rough idea of what the costs are for a 4 day cruise?

Hi all. My family is looking into 4 day cruise this October. We have two kids, DS 3 and DD 5.

We're interested in the Cat 3 one bedroom suite. But since you can't find out anything about pricing without calling - I was wondering if anyone has even a rough idea of what the costs are for a 4 day cruise?

You may have difficulty booking any suite this close to October. Since there are so few of them, they usually book up quickly.

As for pricing..... if you price a cat 4 for your family, a cat 3 would be roughly 25 - 35% higher, and a cat 2 would be around 50 - 60% more than a cat 4.

Just to give you a 'ball park' figure for a familiy of four, my 2009 CAT 3 price for a seven night Eastern is between $10k-$11k. The Cat 4 was $7k for that cruise, so you can see the mark up.

I know you are on a 4 night but it gives you something to go on.

Not the exact combination of passengers for which you're interested, MarriedAtDisney, but an idea:

Three adults in a Cat 3 on a 3-day Wonder, Jan '09 - $2500 + Tx/Fees $112.44
Three adults in a Cat 3 on a 5-day Magic, Sep '08 - $3900 + Tx/Fees $107.10
Two adults in a Cat 3 on a 4-day Wonder, Dec '07 - $2800 + Tx/Fees $118.00

[Fares have been rounded; tax & fees are actual.)

A Cat 4 for your family in October 2008 is currently running about $3400. Using outahere's formula you could expect to pay around $4250 - $4590 if a Cat 3 is available. These prices do include ground transportation ($276) and insurance ($236).

And Category 3s are scarce. There are about 16 Category 3s out of 875 cabins.

Beginning of October 08, 4 nt, category 3, 2 adults, 2 kids (ages 6 and 3) was about $3700. We didn't buy the dcl transfers or insurance though. HTH! :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter