Category 12 GTY....

GTY means guarantee. It means you do not have a specific room number assigned but you are guaranteed a room at least in category 12 (you could also end up with a complimentary upgrade, but that is not guaranteed ;) )

ivanova is correct.... The other thing about 12GTY is that if you have 4 people you are sure to get an upgrade to a cat 11 at least as the 12's do not have an overhead bunk. :hippie:

You are usually given a cabin assignment about a month before the cruise (you can check it on the website.)

we did a cat12 gty for the Wonder feb4. Got cabin assignment this past weekend. got upgraded to a cat 8 o/v. How Sweet!:woohoo:

we did a cat12 gty for the Wonder feb4. Got cabin assignment this past weekend. got upgraded to a cat 8 o/v. How Sweet!:woohoo:

Congrats for the nice spiff! We did a 12 guarantee for the 11 nite southern last year and just got an 11. We saved some... no question as it was about $1100 we saved ... but we were actually hoping to score a window at least! Seeing as the ship seemed to be underselling to a huge degree...

Enjoy the view though - just the same!!! :thumbsup2

We booked a gyt 12 for Feb. 10 and were upgraded to a cat 9. I checked my reservations last night and he have been upgraded again to a cat. 7 Navigators Veranda. I was shocked because there are 6 rooms involved with our reservations linked and they upgraded all of us. One of our group ended up getting a cat 6 because they only had the 5 rooms in the row where they put us and the 6th room turned out to be a cat. 6. Sweet. I could of lived with a gty 12 because we spend so little time in the room but this was just too magical.

yankeegal64- congrats that is awsome!! I guess all of us DISers need to start linking reservations and maybe have the same thing happen:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Hey, it could happen with a little pixie dust and a whole bunch I believes!

That's awesome Yankeegal64!! I am going to check mine again. Never thought it would change once a cabin was assigned. Thanks for sharing.

hey yankeegal,
CONGRATULATIONS!pirate:
we're on the same cruise, and we both booked gty cat. 12. when did you book your cruise? just wondering because we booked about 3 weeks ago and only got upgraded to cat. 11, we have a 2 room reservation.

Does it matter when you book? We are trying to get money together for a March 11 cruise. We can't book til we have all the money. A 12 GTY is our best shot since we are on a budget this time. Just came back from a 2 week Christmas/New Years stay at WDW. I will hopefully get to book the first week of Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter