Category 11, sixth deck

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
OK, couldn't get together enough for the balcony or porthole, so I went for the inside cabin. Has anyone stayed in a category 11, sixth deck, mid ship cabin? Did you like your experience there? Thanks for info :Pinkbounc

Never stayed in a Cat. 11, Deck 6 but have stayed in that category on Deck 7. These are nice rooms; very quiet and situation right in the middle of everything. I would say you've got a good spot!

We were in a category 11 deck 6 last Halloween cruise. It was absolutely fine - you should have no problems if our experience is anything to go by. Enjoy.

Same here... My son and I were in 6587, and it was just fine. Plenty of room for the two of us. Excellent stateroom attendant. It would have been nice to have a verandah, but to be honest, we weren't in the stateroom much at all. How many of you will be in the room?

I will be there with my mom and my 5 year old son, so three of us total. I thought we'd have plenty of room in the category 11. I'm excited after reading the posts so far. So glad everyone had a good time :).

We were on the wonder 3 weeks ago on deck 6 in a cat. 11 room and it was fine. We were more forward, thought and the only thing I can warn you about is on the last night (maybe they were partying a little harder) I heard the kids club counselor singing "La Coo Ca Ra Cha" about 50 times when I was going to bed. But I wouldn't not stay there because of that. It was actually kind of funny picturing the kids singing and dancing to that!

I've been in 6083 and 6085, both slightly aft of the midship elevator, and loved them both. I tried to book those rooms for our cruise this December, but they were already taken, so we're trying Deck 7 aft.

Beth

I had room 6007 and 6011 on the magic and it was great. Very convenient to everything. You have a great location!

I like mid ship (not as much rocking from the waters). I have been on a 3, 4 and 7 day cruise in a Cat. 11 with our family of 4 (DH, me and our twin daughters who are now 10).

I like being on the 6th floor because it is one floor down to the Kids Lab and then just 3 up to the pool (those are our two main areas that we go to for the kids).

The rooms are nice. There is a curtain that you can pull between the bed and the rest of the room for privacy. That was great for 'getting dressed' (my girls like going into the 'bedroom' to get dressed. During the day the bunk beds are put away and you have a couch and coffee table. At night the kids have bund beds and they can see the TV from them.

We did not spend a lot of time in our room, but we found it to be fine. Our 4th cruise that we just completed last week was in a Cat. 10 with a secret porthole room. We did really enjoy the natural light and the split bath. But I wouldn't hestitate a minute to go back to a Cat. 11 if I had the chance to go on another cruise. Most of the Cat. 10s are on the 2nd floor, and I don't like being that low on the ship, so if I can't get a SPH, we will probably go back to a Cat. 11 room again for our 2005 cruise.

If this is your first time on the ship, you will find EVERYTHING magical and wonderful. We like to do new things each time we sail, so this time one of our 'new things' was trying a different type of room. But bottom line, the Cat. 11's are just fine. In fact they are beautiful and you will have a great trip and enjoy your room VERY much.

DJ

My son and I had room 6019 and thought it was great. Very convenient to everything. We got upgraded to cat 9 on deck 2 and am a little nervous about the location, but as long as your on the ship any room is a good room. I'd even stow away in the lifeboats;)

I agree, as long as you on the ship then you will have a ball! Everyone is different but in my opinion, I'd rather cruise twice in a cat 11 than once in a verandah (2 vacations are better than 1!!! ) for the same money!

wonder 8-29-04....one cat 10 and one cat 6
Hope these are nice rooms too!
Michelle

We had a cat. 11 room, deck 6 mid-ship (6067) and I thought it was perfect! We were very close to the elevators, but NEVER had a problem with the noise. We were very close to the clubs, and NEVER heard a thing. It was very dark, and made for a perfect afternoon nap. I would have choosen that room again, except with my discount for booking cruise #2 while on cruise #1, I got enough of a discount to upgrade to a cat. 10 with the split bath. I hope we like 2101 as much!

Good Luck!

We stayed on level 6 mid-ship cat. 11 last May with our two boys. It was our first cruise and we had A BLAST!!!!! You will LOVE being on the ship and in such a convenient location. The ONLY thing I didn't like was that you had NO idea what time it was at night. Since there is no window - you have NO clue as to whether it is 3:00AM or 8:00AM. I suggest bringing an electric light-up clock so you can quickly see whether you've got 1 hour until you have to be up or if you're an hour late!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter