Catamaran Sails on Eastern?

TCROMW1013

Earning My Ears
Has any one done the catarmaran sails out of St. Maarten or St. Thomas? If so I would love your opinions. We are trying to choose our excursions.

Thanks!

DH and I did the Golden Eagle Catamaran out of St. Maarten. It was fabulous! Probably not the best snorkeling in the world, but the whole excursion was great. THe crew was wonderful, they gave us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary, 1 member of the crew even swam around with the snorkelers with a tray of rum punch resting on a life preserver :p
On the way back, they fed us, and played great music. We were dancing on the catamaran as we passed the magic on the way back into the dock. IT was pretty great....we plan to do it again on our next cruise! 2 thumbs way way up!

We did the Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel out of St. Thomas to Honeymoon Bay, St. John. It was my very favorite part of our entire cruise. The water was beautiful. The crew was great...very friendly and informative, and they kept my rum punch glass full! The snorkeling was out of this world. They served a nice lunch with sandwiches, salads, dessert and drinks. It was a Disney excursion and it cost $90, but it was well worth every penny.

Are any of the catamaran excursions appropriate for children? My DS is only 5 and while this sounds like a lot of fun I am wondering if we should choose to do something different.

We had looked at the catamaran trip but read a review on these pages of Jester Sailing Adventures out of St. Thomas. It will take up to 6 people and they will tailor the day to you.
We have booked for our upcoming trip.
All the information on this is at http://www.sailjester.com/

Your food, drinks are included and you can choose where/what you want to do such as snorkeling and/or fishing. We have 2 children and 4 adults going and can't wait.

Cheers,
Grumbo

The barefoot catamaran sail and snorkel trip was great. We sailed over to St. Johns, snokeled, and drinks and snacks going and comming. The kids loved it (the crew had a very nicde dog onboard). You could head over to the beach instead of snorkeling if you wanted to. Highly recommened.

Grumbo, we also have booked the Jester for our Eastern in April. Do you have a link to the review of it? The only review I found was on cruisemates.com.

Dave from Marietta posted a review from someone that had emailed him. It was on these boards. The search isn't working (as usual) so can't find it for you. If you pm Dave or go to his site and email him via that I'm sure he still has the posting/letter.
Cheers,
Grumbo

Grumbo, Ok. I think we are talking about the same review. It definitely sounds like relaxing and fun excursion. I can't wait. I spoke to the captain last week and he sounds very nice and accomodating.

Well seeing as we go before you I'll give you our review of it and you can get a second opinion :)
I have read other reviews though (think it may have been the Cruise Critic) and they were all positive.
Cheers,
Grumbo

TCROMW1013
I apologize for taking your topic "off topic".

Let me offer that we had considered doing one of the cat sails but then decided there seemed to be a lot of people on them and we were looking for something more subdued, hence our decision to go with Sail Jester. The cat sails are pretty popular so I hope reviews come forth for you.

Kris

Originally posted by KatrinaB
We did the Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel out of St. Thomas to Honeymoon Bay, St. John. It was my very favorite part of our entire cruise. The water was beautiful. The crew was great...very friendly and informative, and they kept my rum punch glass full! The snorkeling was out of this world. They served a nice lunch with sandwiches, salads, dessert and drinks. It was a Disney excursion and it cost $90, but it was well worth every penny.

I second that one! We absolutely LOVED the Champagne Catamaran. We'll definitely do it again on our next Eastern. It was so super relaxing, unrushed...the food was great and snorkeling excellent! It is on the top of my list of memories from our honeymoon cruise! I have some pictures on my webshots album (see below).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter