• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Catagory 12 Staterooms Question

cgajdzisz

Mouseketeer
Has anyone sailed and stayed in a catagory 12 stateroom? We were wondering how far down you are on the ship and if it is noisy. :confused3
We are sailing with 3 adults and 2 children and were wondering if it would be less expensive to get 2 catagory12 rooms instead of one catagory 4. :confused:

I believe it has been said that if you book 2 cat 10 rooms
you can get ajjioning rooms . this means that you can open the door inside the stateroom and go into the other room..
any Cat Below that does not offer this.
and it is still less $$$ than the Cat 4 .. think of it extra space and an extra bathroom verses everyone in one Room..

cat 12's are on deck one ...

we have never stayyed Down there we have stayyed cat 11 on deck 6
and been fine with that..

The 2 cat 10 rooms you want to get are 5022 & 5024 or 5522 & 5524
they are sold as deluxe inside staterooms But YOU GET a porthole..
Ask For the Rooms you would like at time of Booking ,if they have them they are yours..

Check Your Private Messages..

Peter

We had a cat 12 on the Repo cruise. We were on deck 2 forward. It was perfectly fine. We were in a noisy room but we never heard anything except when we were docking and setting sail. I have pics of the room with the bed split, let me know if you want to see them. In our room we had 2 adults and a 12 year old. The cat 12 do not sleep more than 3.

With the category 12 rooms you cannot choose the staterooms so there is no guarantee that you will be next door to each other and these rooms do not connect

What does anyone think the odds are of getting 2 Cat 12 rooms that are next to each other, but not necessarily joined?

momtotnt said:
What does anyone think the odds are of getting 2 Cat 12 rooms that are next to each other, but not necessarily joined?

The lowest category that has connecting rooms is the category 10.

momtotnt said:
Thanks. I'm wondering about not connected, but next to. Is that possible?

You can request it but there is no guarantee that you will get it since room numbers are not assigned in this category. You may even end up on different decks if you are upgraded to a different category

If you want to guarantee that your rooms will be next to each other (not connecting) then you should book the category 11 cabins. With the category 12 you are only given a room category guarantee, and there is no way to be sure to be next to each other. The pricing difference in a category 11 and 12 is usually very mimimal (generally $40 or less per cabin)
There are times that the category 12 is on special and a lot less than the 11, but for most sailings the difference is $40 or less. For the peace of mind of having cabins next to each other (and being on a higher deck) you might want to consider at least the category 11.

Also, others have posted the category 10 is the lowest category with connecting rooms, so if you are interested in having connecting cabins you should do at least a category 10.

Sue Ellen

If you really want two staterooms next to each other (whether they are just side-by-side or truly connecting), you should not do a guarantee booking. My sister-in-law did the cat 12 guarantee on her last cruise and with them being 5 in the family, they ended up not being upgraded (stayed cat 12) and in different parts of the ship. Hence, they had two staterooms that could only sleep three each so their sleeping arrangements were a bit strained all throughout the cruise. Dad had to sleep in room with teenage son while Mom had to sleep in room with two young daughters 9 and 4. Plus they had their stuff in two different places. As Sue Ellen said, the price difference is very small to pay for this peace of mind, for the certainty that you will be booked beside one another.

I second the idea of getting 2 cat 10 rooms, connecting. We just returned from a 4 night and had rooms 1075/1077 (family of 5). We originally had a cat 4 booked, but later changed it to the connecting cat 10's....it gave us more space, two bathrooms (this alone was worth the change!!), and saved us over $800 over the cat 4 room.

We did a category 12 guarantee and we got two rooms next to each other. There are only 13 category 12's on the boat and they are all together on deck 2 forward so if you were separated they wouldn't be far. We thought the rooms were small but we loved how much money we saved. We paid $4200 for 6 people in 2 cat 12's for a 7 night eastern cruise. I was at guest services and someone was complaining about their room and he was saying that he spent 10,000 for his cruise. I laughed because my room was fine and I paid a lot less money. Go for the cheaper rooms and spend money on the extras instead because onboard charges add up quickly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter