Cat1and 2's already booked for 2004

terp

Earning My Ears
I called at 8am to reserve a cat. 1 or 2 for 2004 and was told there were none available I can't believe it. Now I am on a waitlist for 2004 as well as 2003. Did anyone actually get a 1 0r 2 if so HOW?

Terp, rates are only out through the end of April, so don't give up hope yet. DCL has not yet released ALL rates for 2004. :D

I called back just to be sure and they told me you have to fax in a request before they open the dates to be on that waiting list so by the time they open the dates they are full. I am having very little luck reserving my second cruise. I guess if it is meant to be a room will open up and i will get a call.

We faxed in a request for April of 2004 in March . Today we received a call from DCL saying we had gotten our request for the Cat. 1 for the April 2004 date.

We reserved the Category 1 (Walt Disney Suite) for August 2003 back in October of 2001. As soon as they release the dates, call and request the dates that you want. The category 1's are especially difficult because there are only 2 available on each sailing. But I have to be honest... it is sooooooo worth the wait.

CADisneyGirl aka Lucy
9/01 Magic - Roy O. Disney Suite

8/03 Magic - Walt Disney Suite! :bounce:

This is what you need to do:

Give Inventory Control this information in a fax:

Your Name and contact information (phone number)
Breakdown of #Adults and Children with ages travelling
Give FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD choices of dates
Category that you are wanting to secure.

You should fax this to 1-407-566-6954.

You may have a chance to get the Cat 1 or 2.

Vicki

I obviously need to find a new profession. I am amazed by the number of people who can actually afford to do a 1 or 2. Way to go guys!:D

I just want to thank you guys. If you hadn't posted this thread, I wouldn't have been able to call and book my 2004 vacation. I had been calling periodically and checking here too. We are doing Cat 1 in April 2004 and my friends got a cat 2 on the same sailing.

I know the other cat 2 was also available because we got to choose which side she was on. They are wait listed for the other cat 1. Keep calling you guys---they are out there. I had her search for a cat 1 in April and she found one. I am soooo excited.

They are expensive, but as someone else said, they are so worth it. Especially for us because we tend to spend a good amount of time relaxing in our cabin. I think we were up at the pool all of 2 days last time. I took naps on the verandah and read on it and relaxed on it. If you can swing it, they are great.

Now the only problem is I have to wait almost 2 years! yikes!

DG

Skuba, Do u have a large family? I notice alot of families of 4 share it with their parents.

Ok now I am really angry. Disney called today and offered me a cat. 3 for feb.2004. I am waitlisted with a paid reservation for a 3 in July 2003 and they did not tell me that a cat. 2 was available for March 2004. Just wait till I call tommorrow. Terri

Terri, keep in mind that availability changes by the MOMENT. They do not lie to you on availability, when you called it was not available, no doubt. If someone does not pay a deposit the availability opens up. Sometimes they also do not have everything loaded in to their system at the time you call.

Good luck in getting the cabin that you want! :D

Michelle it had nothing to do with the time I called I am waitlisted for a cat. 1 or 2 on any western 2003 or 2004 cruise.

Skuba are you on an Eastern or Western cruise. I really would like to know. Thank you Terri

We are a family of 5 with 4 of us going. It is funny you ask that. I had my parents booked with us on our 2/2002 cruise, but I got pregnant right after booking. That is how I told them I was pregnant, that they couldn't go because they would have babysitting duties again. LOL! My parents were thrilled. They will be doing it again in 2004. He will be 2 1/5 but we won't take him until he is older than 3 and can go in the clubs. I was telling my friend the other day that this was the best vacation we ever took with the kids. Never had we had a good mix of our stuff, their stuff and family stuff. It is the perfect mix.

We could go for the smaller cabins but we do enjoy the space. It is basically an apartment. We used every bit of space last itme. When the kids went to bed, we would enjoy the verandah, sitting area and our room. We made that area the kid free zone. It was like a mini vacation.

That cruise is the original itinerary of eastern which is what we went on in Feb 2002. I like that one because it has the extra day at sea. We have taken 4 cruises and been to a lot of the island already. If we could stay at sea for the whole time, I would be happy.

For the other posters, I have always asked for them to search for the first available Cat 1 for the year and they have had no problem finding it. She first told me they were sold out and then kept searching and she found one. They hold the cabins for one week and they opened the dates up on Monday, so try next Monday as early as possible. If someone hasn't paid their security deposit, the cabin may open.

DG

Terp - When I reserved the Cat 2 for March 20th the reservationist did tell me that they had some problems with opening up the suite ressies for 2004 and it had just been resolved. So maybe they had not gotten a chance to go through waitlists. but I know that the other cat 2 on the 20th was still open because we talked about which side of the ship both rooms were on, etc.

FYI

I just called DCL and reserved room 8530, Cat 1, for March 20th. They also had a Cat 2 for March 6th.

It appears they are opening up.

Yes I called this morning and was able to get a cat.2 on Feb28 2004. I am so excited! Thanks to everyone for all your help. Terri

Glad you got the room and cruise you wanted:Pinkbounc Hard to believe that you may not get what you want even with planning this far in advance. I learn so much on these boards :cool: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter