Cat Lovers--How Many Cats Do You Have?

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
We have 2 cats and I've been bugging my DH to get another cat. We also have 2 dogs and 4 kids, so not a quiet household. :rotfl: However, I love cats, have a big house, the $ to pay for vet care, etc. Also, if I'm sifting a litterbox, what's a little more poop. :teeth: My DH has pretty much been ignoring me when I bring up the topic, but if he knows that I am serious I think that he could be convinced. BTW, my DH is not the main one who takes care of the cats. I am the main sifter, one son brushes them, I feed them. My DH gives them cat treats and gives them attention. It's not as if he doesn't like cats (used to not like them until we got our first cats almost 23 years ago).

So, I'm wondering how many cats the cat lovers have. How's that for a roundabout question??? :rotfl:

T&B

5 cats here. My DH was brought up to hate cats by his dad, but he changed his tune after he met me, and my 2 cats. They have since crossed the rainbow bridge, but we have replaced them with 5 more.... and he is the one who spoils them with kitty treats. We also have 2 kids, 2 dogs and a bunny. I would love another kitten, but I am afraid my Yoshi cat would pack up and leave if I got one more!

My sweet kitty is my one and only. (Shhh...but some day I want a dog!) :)

I only get to have Kipper since you can only have two pets in military housing. If DH would just get rid of Xander I could replace him with a buddy for Kip (Kip can't have a "girlfriend" since he got the Big Snip).
Doesn't he look lonely... :sad1:
2005_0905950001.jpg

remyandhollandsmommy said:
Doesn't he look lonely... :sad1:
2005_0905950001.jpg

LOL, he looks spoiled rotten! :rotfl: Yes, and lonely, too.

Too bad about the 2 pet rule.

I think if I had 5 cats my DH would pack up and leave. ;)

My DH used to hate cats because the only ones he knew of growning up were outdoors and would get into cat fights at night. Not a good sound! When we first got married he knew how much I loved cats and was the one who suggested getting cats. We did live in married student housing where animal were not allowed, but managed to not get evicted. (not a good idea to live in a place that doesn't allow pets if you have pets duh!). Three years later we got another cat, but those cats are all gone now.

I do like having a mix of cats and dogs. Ours get along well, even though one of the dogs chases our cats (in a playful way).

T&B

I have three: Bethany (13 yrs old), and Timothy and Tabitha (litter mates - 7 years old).

My parents have two cats: Pooh Bear and Smokey and I kinda consider them mine too.

I had two cats growing up, Sheena and Snowflake, and they didn't cross the Rainbow Bridge until they were 19 and 18 years old.

daughter_of_amid_chaos said:
5 cats
Little Chuggy
Little Kitty
Chipper
Zoe
Houdini

Love those names! Hopefully they are indoor cats...I don't know that I'd be able to yell "Here Little Chuggy" out the door to call your kitty in! ;)

KatelynnsAuntie, my 2 cats are littermates. I like that they have always had each other. We have a Sheena (but it's a dog) now.

T&B

We have four boys (animals, all :) ) and a Siberian Husky. Our three year old cat Darien was an "only cat" until Saturday. We just adopted a half Maine Coon kitten who we named Cassie. She is sweet and adorable. The oldest child is in heaven. He is an animal person. The small baby is too as much as he is interested in new things. The middle boys are unimpressed. The dog thinks she's a snack (we will watch that closely because Siberian Huskies can kill cats, so we monitor all interaction) and Darien hates her! I know this will change in time but right now he won't even let me pet him! He sniffs, squiggles out of my arms then lays down just out of my reach, to let me know EXACTLY how he feels about the new addition.

Tigger&Belle said:
We have 2 cats and I've been bugging my DH to get another cat. We also have 2 dogs and 4 kids, so not a quiet household. :rotfl: However, I love cats, have a big house, the $ to pay for vet care, etc. Also, if I'm sifting a litterbox, what's a little more poop. :teeth: My DH has pretty much been ignoring me when I bring up the topic, but if he knows that I am serious I think that he could be convinced. BTW, my DH is not the main one who takes care of the cats. I am the main sifter, one son brushes them, I feed them. My DH gives them cat treats and gives them attention. It's not as if he doesn't like cats (used to not like them until we got our first cats almost 23 years ago).

So, I'm wondering how many cats the cat lovers have. How's that for a roundabout question??? :rotfl:

T&B

Are we married to the same DH??? We have 2 cats, and I've been bugging DH to get a 3rd (female) ever since we had the 2 rescue kittens this spring. We both seriously regret not keeping 1 of the kittens. I think that that was my only chance, though! He just won't consider it now. It doesn't help that our female cat has a serious case of cat hyperactivity too (and she's like 8 years-old, so I don't think she'll be calming down :rolleyes1 ).

We just got 2 kittens (3mos.) brother and sister. My little girl is "Callie" and my DH names his "Luthan". I personally don't care for the name, but it's his cat. :rolleyes:

Three cats - brothers and sister
Tigger - the girl who's only wish in life is to have her tummy rubbed all day!!
she isnt really an outside cat but does love to hunt
Scamps - is the gentleman - and the loner - he loves to be outside
Rascal - is our very own physco cat - as mad as they come
all very much their own personalities and it really amuses me that they are so sibling like to humans - very amusing to watch

Four cats here :flower:

Baby (not the baby any more)
Jack
Mikey
Rusty

:cat:

Currently we have one cat, Rusty.
Our oldest cat, Charlie, crossed the Bridge back in January.

BUT as of later today we will be a 2 cat household again as we adopted a kitty from the shelter & we pick him up TODAY!!!!!
We have decided to name him Herbie :cat:

We have 4 cats - Pixie, Zippy, Snips and Snails (Snips & Snails are sisters from the same litter - we found them abandoned in the woods behind our store when they were about 6 weeks old)

I have 16 cats! :earseek: It is a lot of work but comes with great rewards. 14 of the 16 were throw aways or strays. Seven are males and nine are females. They are all indoor cats.

Here are some photos of my kitties!

All My Cats

Good luck with convincing your DH that another cat would be fun. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter