CAT 9 rooms

torcruise

Earning My Ears
Hello, I'm looking for pictures and information on CAT 9 port hole rooms. I really would like a CAT 8 room because they have the large port holes with seating. From the pictures I have seen it looks like you can seat on the sofa and enjoy the view. However I would like to consider the CAT 9 rooms as my second choose. It looks like the CAT 9 rooms some have 2 small port holes, and some have the one large one. Is there a list some where that tell you which rooms have the one large port hole? Also it looks like from the few pictures I have seen that the port hole is over the bed? It looks like you cannot seat and enjoy the view? I'm thinking of sailing the Fantasy. thanks

The only portholes that are over the bed are the inside staterooms with the virtual portholes. The bed is closer to the door with the couch/desk between that and the porthole. The only rooms that have two portholes are the 8A from what I can remember on the new ships. Sounds like you might have the deck 1 & 2 difference on the classics mixed in there. In that case, deck 1 has the two smaller portholes and deck 2 has the larger porthole.

The only portholes that are over the bed are the inside staterooms with the virtual portholes. The bed is closer to the door with the couch/desk between that and the porthole. The only rooms that have two portholes are the 8A from what I can remember on the new ships. Sounds like you might have the deck 1 & 2 difference on the classics mixed in there. In that case, deck 1 has the two smaller portholes and deck 2 has the larger porthole.

ok, I think I have them all mixed up! So your saying as long as I'm not on the 1 deck, I will get the large port hole next to the couch? both CAT 8 and 9?

ok, I think I have them all mixed up! So your saying as long as I'm not on the 1 deck, I will get the large port hole next to the couch? both CAT 8 and 9?

2 small portholes are only in Cat 9D rooms on deck 1 of the Magic and Wonder.

1 medium porthole is in Cat 9 rooms on deck 2 and higher of the Magic and Wonder and all decks of the Dream and Fantasy.

1 large porthole that you can sit in is in Cat 8 rooms on the Dream and Fantasy.

2 medium-large portholes are in Cat 8A rooms on the Dream and Fantasy.

All real portholes are in the wall by the couch. The only portholes over beds are the magical portholes of inside rooms (Cat 11 and 10) on the Dream and Fantasy.

Hello, I'm looking for pictures and information on CAT 9 port hole rooms. I really would like a CAT 8 room because they have the large port holes with seating. From the pictures I have seen it looks like you can seat on the sofa and enjoy the view. However I would like to consider the CAT 9 rooms as my second choose. It looks like the CAT 9 rooms some have 2 small port holes, and some have the one large one. Is there a list some where that tell you which rooms have the one large port hole? Also it looks like from the few pictures I have seen that the port hole is over the bed? It looks like you cannot seat and enjoy the view? I'm thinking of sailing the Fantasy. thanks

Some of the CAT 9As on the Dream do have 2 large portholes and one of them IS behind the bed. We are booked in room 5686 and in researching this room, found that one porthole is indeed behind the bed.

If you go to youtube and type in "Disney Stateroom" and the specific category you're looking for, you'll be able to pull up lots of videos for previous cruisers. I found that to be really helpful!

Some of the CAT 9As on the Dream do have 2 large portholes and one of them IS behind the bed. We are booked in room 5686 and in researching this room, found that one porthole is indeed behind the bed.

That is one of the oddly shaped aft rooms that is the exception.

We had a 9A on the Dream - 7506. It has 1 large porthole with the windowseat. We loved it!

We are Cat 9 (mid ship) dwellers!! Magic / Wonder the portholes on deck 2 are larger than on the Dream/Fantasy.

We love being close to the water and watching the waves roll by when we are in the room.

On the Magic/Wonder with the staterooms that run the entire length of the ship, we walk to the section we want to be at - Forward, Mid, Aft and climb the stairs there to get to where we are going. Easy at night leaving Rockn'/WaveB' - down one flight of stairs and back to our room. Same with dinners - Triton's/Lumier's mid ship and up one, Parrot Cay - aft and up one, Animators Aft and up two. Palo's - take the elevator since we don't want to be pitted :scared: for the fancy dinner/brunch

On the Dream/Fantasy the rooms on deck 2 seem to be in an awkward location / access with the Enchanted Garden down there. But it was one of the quietest rooms we have had and it was really easy to stumble out of our room and into the Garden for breakfast!!

I'm confused because I try booking a cruise on the Fantasy, and the OGT ocean view room states: View:One large porthole window or 2 small porthole window

But what I'm hearing from you guys is that no rooms on the fantasy have 2 small portholes?
I try searching for CAT 9 rooms on youtube but only found CAT 8 rooms

I'm confused because I try booking a cruise on the Fantasy, and the OGT ocean view room states: View:One large porthole window or 2 small porthole window

But what I'm hearing from you guys is that no rooms on the fantasy have 2 small portholes?
I try searching for CAT 9 rooms on youtube but only found CAT 8 rooms

In all honesty, if you are booking an OGT you'll get what DCL assigns regardless of your preference for 1 large porthole or 2 smaller, Category 8 or 9or higher. And there's a possibility you'll even receive a verandah room. If you are willing to accept an oceanview room, go with the OGT. If you really want to be specific about what room (how many portholes, location on ship, deck, etc.) then chose a regular rate that allows you to select a specific stateroom.

In all honesty, if you are booking an OGT you'll get what DCL assigns regardless of your preference for 1 large porthole or 2 smaller, Category 8 or 9or higher. And there's a possibility you'll even receive a verandah room. If you are willing to accept an oceanview room, go with the OGT. If you really want to be specific about what room (how many portholes, location on ship, deck, etc.) then chose a regular rate that allows you to select a specific stateroom.

yeah that's why I was trying to find out what I could wined up with if I choose OGT. From my understanding there are no small port hole rooms on Fantasy?

According to the DCL website, on the Dream and Fantasy Category 9 (A-D) view has "One porthole window (some with obstructed view)." Seems the obstructed view are 9C or 9D on decks 6, 7, 8. Category 8 (A-D) has "One to two porthole window(s) with built-in seating."

With an OGT, DCL guarantees a minimum of category 9 but could also be assigned a verandah room - category 4-7.

HTH

You can look at post 6 or 7 on this thread to see how the portholes are assigned to each room. I believe this is the starboard side. You can figure the portside rooms for most rooms by switching the second number from a 5 to a 0, or from a 6 to a 1. So 7530 on starboard would be 7030 on port. HTH. If you look at the bottom row that is labled, you will see the rooms have one porthole each.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter