Cat 6???

Luv2trav

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Sorry if this question has been asked before...I am new to cruising.

If I book a Cat 6 room where should request location? Do you get assigned a room once you book? What are the best locations?

I keep reading all of this AFT? I don't quite understand what it means.

Thanks

We were in a CAT 6 starboard mid-ships and enjoyed it very much. Convenient to laundry and to the mid-ship elevators and stairs. Some people prefer to be aft because they say it can be more quiet (less hall traffic) and that the ship motion is minimized back there. Good luck!

Just back from room 6632 on the Wonder. It was aft and we found it great. It was quiet and the elevators were less crowded back there.

We're booked for 6052 on the Magic for March 2005. I'm not worried about noise - I'm just glad to have a cabin as it looks like our sailing date is filling fast.

We had 6582 on the ship last week and were pretty much midship. We also were just a few steps from the laundry. Very nice for needing to quickly press a shirt for dinner.
-D

We had 6046 in May. Loved the location, midship and convenient to all. Never any noise problems. I would definitely book this room again.:)

Luv2trav, AFT is the back of the ship as opposed to Forward which is the front. They can't make it easy and just say front and back.

Me, I don't care where I am as long as it's on the ship.

nzdisneymom,

When are you traveling next March? Which ship?

We're going on the 4/3, leaving March 17th on the Wonder.

We have cabin 6122.

Kim

I am one of the aft fans. I just love deck 5 aft. Keep in mind that the aft rooms past the navigators verandahs have solid metal verandahs. If you like plexiglass, 5622 (Rae's favorite stateroom) is a good one. Personally, I like 5650, which is as far back as you can get. Unlike deck 6, deck 5 is not all staterooms. They are only located forward and aft, so you get a lot less hallway traffic.
Barb

We had 6618 right off the aft elevators and loved it. Booked the same room on the other side of the ship for next cruise (the other side of the ship, hoping our boat drill might end up in the shade, that was our only complaint). It wasn't noisy at all - we'd expected it to be that close to the elevators. We could easily take the steps to get to the restaurants, kids clubs and the pool - the restaurants are mostly aft, the kids clubs central.

Aft is not close to the Walt Disney Theatre for shows, the shops, Shutters, or Beat Street/Route 66. If I were going with my main focus on night life, forward would be a better choice (you could stumble back to your room easier).

When we first cruised, I was told that if you are not sure about seasickness, etc., to book your room middle/middle. In other words, middle deck (Deck 6) and middle of the ship. We have always done that and have really enjoyed our rooms (one port, one starboard). This August we are near the aft because we had to change our reservation and couldn't get middle. So we'll find out whether the "aft" lovers are right.

Had 6088 and absolutely loved it. Would book it again. Midship for us. Yes they are assigned when you book unless do GTY.

We were in 6600 & 6602 on the Wonder and loved them. They are not quite midship, but not quite aft either. I can't tell you what they are near though because I spent the entire cruise having to read the directional signs because I could never figure out which way to go. I would get off the elevator and turn left and my kids would have to tell me to go right.

We had 6081 three years ago on the Magic and booked the exact same room for our cruise next month. I guess that means we were reallly happy with the location.

Originally posted by Minnie&Mickey
We were in 6600 & 6602 on the Wonder and loved them. They are not quite midship, but not quite aft either. I can't tell you what they are near though because I spent the entire cruise having to read the directional signs because I could never figure out which way to go. I would get off the elevator and turn left and my kids would have to tell me to go right.

I had the same problem, Holly. Kept zigging when I shoulda zagged.

-D

Hi all. I prefer midships also. Although I've never stayed in a cabin forward or aft.

Holly and avgeek-same here. After day one, my kids know it all anyway. So, I just sit back and enjoy! Ignorance IS bliss!

Ursula

Originally posted by avgeek
I had the same problem, Holly. Kept zigging when I shoulda zagged.

-D

LOL! Glad to hear it wasn't just me. It was kind of embarrassing since I usually have a pretty good sense of direction.

Originally posted by tinksmom
We had 6081 three years ago on the Magic and booked the exact same room for our cruise next month. I guess that means we were reallly happy with the location.

I had cabin 6082 on my first Disney cruise (until July of next year!), and I loved the location, port side, midship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter