Cat 5E

Patrickprincess

faith trust and pixie dust
I have booked a cat 5e on the Disney Dream. The stateroom number is 7194. I'm a bit nevous about the location of the room. I saw that it's located on the back of the ship. I saw a pic of it and wow it's huge. Is this a good location? This is my first verandah. Yes I'm a bit excited. How far are the resturants and the spa? Also dose any one have an updated menu and the cast away club gift? I'm sliver.

The category 5E rooms are our favorite! The spa is at the very front of the ship, so you'll have to walk the length of the ship to get there. Both Royal Court (might have a different name on the Dream) and Enchanted Garden are towards the middle and Animator's Palate and Cabanas are at the back of the ship. We love the easy access to Cabanas.

Enjoy!

The category 5E rooms are our favorite! The spa is at the very front of the ship, so you'll have to walk the length of the ship to get there. Both Royal Court (might have a different name on the Dream) and Enchanted Garden are towards the middle and Animator's Palate and Cabanas are at the back of the ship. We love the easy access to Cabanas.

Enjoy!
Thank you. Im so excited!!!!!! Do you sleep with the door open or closed.

Thank you. Im so excited!!!!!! Do you sleep with the door open or closed.

You are asked by a sign to keep the balcony door closed. Leaving it open affects the A/C for ALL cabins in your block, not just yours. So people in ocean view and interior cabins who don't have the option of opening a door are suffering in hot cabins that will not cool down.

If they complain, it is NOT hard to figure out which cabins are propping the doors open - you can walk by and hear the wind whistling through the door.

You are asked by a sign to keep the balcony door closed. Leaving it open affects the A/C for ALL cabins in your block, not just yours. So people in ocean view and interior cabins who don't have the option of opening a door are suffering in hot cabins that will not cool down.

If they complain, it is NOT hard to figure out which cabins are propping the doors open - you can walk by and hear the wind whistling through the door.
So true. Last week on a cruise as I was walking down the hallway I heard the tell -tale whistling coming from a verandah room. When the ship is booking it to the next port, the wind can be intense!

We have the same cabin for our first cruise ever in March. A lot of people in our cruise meet group have similar cabins- including the ones directly above and below ours. And the catagory is now sold out. So I'm thinking we chose well! I actually wanted an 8A but my friend really wanted a verandah so we went with the 5E.

Good to know I hope I haven't made a mistake by booking this category it is a little bit out of my budget but I don't know when I'll be able to sell on the Disney cruise line again still wondering though does anyone have an updated menu for the various restaurants I sailed on the Disney Fantasy back in 2012 and I was less impressed with Enchanted Garden I hope for a updated and improved menu

Good to know I hope I haven't made a mistake by booking this category it is a little bit out of my budget but I don't know when I'll be able to sell on the Disney cruise line again still wondering though does anyone have an updated menu for the various restaurants I sailed on the Disney Fantasy back in 2012 and I was less impressed with Enchanted Garden I hope for a updated and improved menu

If it's out of your budget, why don't you get an ocean view room or a deluxe ocean view room? It's only 4 days or so. We Didn't spend much time in our room and the portholes are huge. That way you won't be stressed about your budget.

If it's out of your budget, why don't you get an ocean view room or a deluxe ocean view room? It's only 4 days or so. We Didn't spend much time in our room and the portholes are huge. That way you won't be stressed about your budget.
it is a little out of my budget like a hundred and $62 over but we'll see what happens I'm a downgrade to a category 6 BR unit 6A we'll just see what happens

I stayed in a 5E on deck 10. We loved it the verandah was awesome. The only draw back we had was that people would feed the birds that were flying around from Cabanas when in port so we ended up with a lot of poop and food on our verandah. I'm not sure if deck 7 would have that problem. Wish DCL could stop people from feeding the birds like that it's nasty.

We have the same cabin for our first cruise ever in March. A lot of people in our cruise meet group have similar cabins- including the ones directly above and below ours. And the catagory is now sold out. So I'm thinking we chose well! I actually wanted an 8A but my friend really wanted a verandah so we went with the 5E.

We have 8188 booked March 13-17 on the Dream. Which cruise will you be on?

We have 8188 booked March 13-17 on the Dream. Which cruise will you be on?

Oh my gosh- we did 8188 on the Dream two years ago and it was phenomenal- You are going to absolutely love that veranda!!!

We are doing the Wonder in February in an Oceanview room, but I still have wonderful memories of 8188!

Menus can be found at the Disney Cruiseline Blog run by Scott. He has past navigators as well. The search function should be able to show you some recent threads on the various gifts!

We love being aft or mid-aft. It's our preferred location and the buffet is easily accessible.

I wouldn't worry about being too far from this or that with an aft cabin. No matter where your cabin is, you will have to walk the length of the ship sometimes, and be close to other things. I found the aft elevators less crowded, so that is a plus. I loved having a veranda, even times when I just went out there for 5 minutes while I was waiting for my family to get ready, really drove home that I was on a cruise. Perfect!

I've read that there's more ship movement either aft or forward -- and it's better to be midship if you want to avoid the movement. Is that generally true?

My family and I stayed in 6192 on the Dream this past June. It was AMAZING!!! Our first cruise, we had an ocean view room, but (and even with just 4 days) the verandah made it so much better! We would walk up to Cabanas every morning to grab breakfast and bring it back down to our verandah. My husband loved watching them situate everything when pulling into a port (I watched it once and that was enough for me). At night we would skip the shows and enjoy our verandah (all of us falling asleep several times). Oh, it was amazing. And it was really neat to get a different view than most - seeing where we've been. We're looking at possibly doing another cruise next summer and I desperately want an aft verandah from now on!
The location, IMHO is great. If you can handle the stairs, you get to work off a few calories before and after every meal (which is typically what we tried to do). The spa is on the other end of the ship, but honestly it didn't feel that far to me. Another nice thing is there are only a few rooms down that far, so you don't have a lot of kids (and adults) running around by your door, so it's much more peaceful. I honestly thought we were the only ones aft on deck 6 because it was so quiet, until one night we were on the verandah and I peaked over the divider and someone else was about to peak over at us.

I've read that there's more ship movement either aft or forward -- and it's better to be midship if you want to avoid the movement. Is that generally true?

I've had rooms in all three locations and the only one that gave me problems was all the way forward. I could feel the bow of the ship rising and falling all night when trying to sleep. Mid-forward, mid, mid-aft and aft are fine. We prefer aft and, for us, have never felt the movement or engines. We are usually not all the way back in aft, but a few staterooms back from what would be mid-aft.

We will be staying in our first forward room (10010) on our upcoming Dream cruise. We booked a 5D GTY and this is where they've placed us. This is a mystery room as there are no room reports but it seems nice enough after reading reviews of the rooms on either side. We were actually hoping for a deck 5 or 6 placement so our son would be closer to the kids clubs as he;s told us he is going to spend the entire time there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter