cat 4 family room

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
We are travelling as a party of five - 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 7yr old daughter. We were about to book a cat 4 family room - what is the lay out - is there a double sofa bed? or three single beds???

Someone also mentioned that it was cheaper to get 2 adjoining rooms? is that really the case???

Typically it is less expensive to book two rooms. You can get adjoining, but they are limited in number. Many people book rooms across from or next to each other.

The other advantages to having two rooms are two bath rooms & more space!

I did pricing for a 4N Wonder cruise next June. Here is what I found:

2A 3C in a cat 4 Family veranda room: $5195
1A 2C + 1A 1C in two connecting cat 10 rooms: $4055

Your mileage may vary depending on when you are cruising.

Jim

We just came off the Magic from a 7 night Eastern and we were in a Cat. 4 room.

It has a queen size bed, a couch that turns into a single bed, a single that comes down from the ceiling and a murphy bed that comes from the wall. Five people can easily sleep in a Cat. 4. But.....

For two grandparents and 2 adults with a child I think that your best bet would be two Cat. 10's as suggested. More milage for the buck. Plus a bit more privacy and more bathroom space.

We did Cat 4 with 2A 3C and it worked great. Just booked June 08' with 2 CC stops. :banana: But, with 4 adults it will be a little cramped at night with all the beds out. I would go with 2 rooms.

brilliant - thanks for your help!! (its actually for friends that are travelling with us - we are already in a cat 10 - I'm the paranoid woman that won't let her two little ones near a verandah!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter