Cat. 3 worth the extra

I, too, heard the story about finding the outlet by pulling out the vanity drawers. I was actually going to try it on our last cruise but I had the two extension cords with me and that worked out fine.

Rats.....the extension cords are in my suitcase packed away up in my attic.

I'm going to say they are 9 feet each (somewhere in that range). I got them at my local hardware store.

I had plenty of reach to go from the tv in the bedroom to the master bathroom.

KarenP99 said:
Cheri - We have that room next month as well. Do you mind me asking where your muster station was? And is there a CD player?

Thanks!
Karen

No CD player anymore. Big bummer. It used to have a 5 disc CD player that was awesome. I just plugged my iPod speaker into the DVD player. I don't know if the DVD would play CDs or not.

The lifeboat drill was on deck 4 starboard, I think. It's outside and there isn't a whole lot of room to move around.

Please take care if my room. Sending you a PM.

Soccermom-Cheri said:
8532? That's MY room! :lmao: (luv it, luv it, luv it!) You can have a nice little happy hour in there :teeth:

We do spend time in our stateroom. The kids rest, we always have DIS friends over before dinner and/or after, and it's nice not to be on top of each other.

-and - I bring a surge protector (6 plugs!), never thought about the 2 extention cords...

THAT'S my favorite Cat 3 too! Mid ship is the only way to go! I've stayed in both Cat3 s, aft/mid and mid is so much better..... :cheer2:

We spent many wonderful times in our stateroom, ordering eggs benedict, etc., enjoying all the menu options offered while getting ready for dinner and enjoying the entire stateroom! We loved 8532 and loved the big verandah and the spacious room, with 3 kids it was awesome! :cloud9:

Palos stuff...that's a different thread..... :thumbsup2

http://community.webshots.com/user/MDMom27

Oh, and I forgot to mention, re: the Cat 3 we were in, we did hear alot of noise from deck 9 above. We were right under the ping pong tables, so we heard every bounced ball! Plus, DH heard the deck chairs scraping the deck every morning at 6am, and the staff was putting them out. It woke him up most days, but I never heard them myself.

Judy - We didn't have a wall-mounted blow-dryer in either of the Cat 3s we've been in. However, yes, I pulled out the drawer of the vanity where the "regular" blow-dryer was found, and followed the cord behind it and there was a normal 3-pronged outlet there. Good luck next time!

flexsmom said:
Judy - We didn't have a wall-mounted blow-dryer in either of the Cat 3s we've been in. However, yes, I pulled out the drawer of the vanity where the "regular" blow-dryer was found, and followed the cord behind it and there was a normal 3-pronged outlet there. Good luck next time!

Thanks Flexsmom, from now on we are in Cat 8's. We can book 2 of them and still save money over the suites. Still have 2 full beds, 2 TV's, 2 complete baths. Although the verandah is nice, we simply don't spend that much time on it to justify the extra money.

The cat. 3 cabins look fantastic and we had considered reserving one for our 25th anniversary cruise next year. But when I found out that I could do both the Western and Eastern in a cat. 6 for less than one week in the cat. 3, it was a no brainer. There will only be two of us sailing. So we really don't need the extra room. But the extra week -- Priceless! So we will be cruising back-to-back for less in a cat. 6.

We have stayed twice in a cat1 and twice in a cat3
The concierge assistance is worth every penny of the difference

exempt5 said:
We have stayed twice in a cat1 and twice in a cat3
The concierge assistance is worth every penny of the difference

I'm sure you are probably right...someday I hope to have enough $$$ to find out for myself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter