Cat 3 Price Drop After Final Payment

stiej

Mouseketeer
We are slated to be in a Cat 3 on Oct 4 for the 3 night wonder. The prices have dropped significantly. If the Cat 3 price has come down, would they give us a credit? Thanks!

Christie

I think it's certainly worth a phone call to DCL to find out. They're usually pretty good about honoring new prices, even after final payment (unlike a lot of other cruise lines).

Yes they will. The price of our cruise drop 3 times and each time we called and got it credited back to our card.

Just be sure to make the phone call. They won't do it on their own; you have to ask.

We are slated to be in a Cat 3 on Oct 4 for the 3 night wonder. The prices have dropped significantly. If the Cat 3 price has come down, would they give us a credit? Thanks!

Christie

Gee, since suite prices are not listed on the website, how were you able to determine that the price had dropped? Did you check with a TA or call DCL directly? Inquiring minds want to know!:confused3 [We don't mind paying for a suite, but don't want to pay more than necessary.]

Christie

How did you know the prices dropped? We are in a CAt 3 on Feb 24 for the 4 night wonder. Let us know how things work out.:yay:

Gee, since suite prices are not listed on the website, how were you able to determine that the price had dropped? Did you check with a TA or call DCL directly? Inquiring minds want to know!:confused3 [We don't mind paying for a suite, but don't want to pay more than necessary.]

I, too, have that basic question. I've never been able to figure out how people track rates.

It sounds like the OP noticed other category rates decreasing and was asking "what if" as far as the Cat 3 is concerned.

Go ahead, make that call and let us know how it went. :boat:

Wow, I have never heard of Suite prices dropping. Even when DCL ran specials for 3rd and 4th person rates those in suites were excluded. I will definately be checking because everyone likes to save money!;)

Does It Make A Difference If You Went Trought A Travel Agent Or Through Disney If The Price Drops? I Believe The Price For Our Cruise Also Dropped. I'm Not In A Cat. 3 But In A Cat 5. I Guess I Will Call To See If I Can Get The Credit. I Am Also Going On The Three Day Oct 4th

Does It Make A Difference If You Went Trought A Travel Agent Or Through Disney If The Price Drops? I Believe The Price For Our Cruise Also Dropped. I'm Not In A Cat. 3 But In A Cat 5. I Guess I Will Call To See If I Can Get The Credit. I Am Also Going On The Three Day Oct 4th

If you went through a TA, you will need to contact them. DCL will not discuss much about your reservation, directly with you if you booked through a TA.

Price drops generally occur because the cruise line is trying to sell out available staterooms.

Since the Cat 3's are nearly always sold out, and waiting lists exist to get those rooms, Disney has no reason at all to drop the price of those rooms.

I'd be very surprised if a price drop occurrs.

I have only seen price drops twice (not counting FL resident rates). It is a very, very, very rare thing. Rather than dropping prices to fill staterooms, DCL tends to open up the dates for FL resident and CMs.

Prices on the cruise overall had decreased. We called and no such luck on our cat 3 as a decrease. However, there are currently 3 other cat 3s open on our sailing, so if anyone is sailing 10/4 3 night, then you might get lucky on a pier upgrade! Thanks everyone!

Christie

yes, they rarely drop the concierge rates...
we were in a cat 3 on a cruise that they practically gave away (florida residents could cruise for $99 on our cruise)...
it was the 4th of july just following 9-11 and lots of people were afraid to cruise as there had been warnings about cruise ships being targeted..

so the boat was jammed with floridians (it was sold out at the last minute - mostly florida residents) who had come on board for practically nothing, while we were paying through the nose and then some for our cat 3.....
but we didn't mind...that mid-ship cat 3 is most definitely worth every penny...

I just checked on our cruise prices for the 7th, they've actually gone up from when I booked :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter