Cat 3...8532

brendalee59

DIS Veteran
Now that we have our midship cat 3...8532,just how bad is the noise from deck 9? I've heard everything from really bad(under the arcade) to not bad at all. I wouild love your opinions please.

Now that we have our midship cat 3...8532,just how bad is the noise from deck 9? I've heard everything from really bad(under the arcade) to not bad at all. I wouild love your opinions please.

We were in 8532 this past Thanksgiving and found it to be pretty noisey until around midnight each night. As you mentioned, it is under the arcade, and we heard a lot of running back and forth, all day. We didn't really hear much other noise, not even the CMs getting everything ready early in the morning. I think a large part of the amount of noise you will have to deal with, will be determined by how many kids are on board during your cruise. The layout of the cabin is very good, and the verandah is triple the width of a cat 4, 5, or 6.

We are also staying in this room next year and are wondering if it has a refridgerator. We usually get a Dr's note for one for my dd'd meds but were unclear as to whether or not we would need to do this with a cat 3?

TIA

Well as we will be there during Christmas, it's safe to say there will be alot of kids onboard:scared1: Oh well,probably only bother my DH as he's the only early bird in the family. Anyone know where we can get a good set of earplugs?:rotfl:

We are also staying in this room next year and are wondering if it has a refridgerator. We usually get a Dr's note for one for my dd'd meds but were unclear as to whether or not we would need to do this with a cat 3?

TIA

The room had the same "cooler" that we had in a cat 4. If you need a fridge, I'm sure they can supply one with the Dr's note.

Yikes we are in this room for the Aug 8 Med cruise and now am worried about the noise... for those of you that have experienced this and knowing there is this noise would you still stay in this room again????:confused3

Pauline

I have read that there is a lot of noise in the mornings from the cm's setting up the lounge chairs at the pool.:rolleyes1

Yikes we are in this room for the Aug 8 Med cruise and now am worried about the noise... for those of you that have experienced this and knowing there is this noise would you still stay in this room again????:confused3

Pauline

I guess it really depends on how sensitive you are to noise. We had 8532 on our Wonder cruise in October and loved it. Yes, there were running footsteps over head, strange thumps and scraping but for our family of 5 it was worth it for the extra space and amenities!! We have the same suite booked for our Dec. 2007 Magic cruise and we have 8032 booked for our Nov. 2008 Magic cruise!! :)

My 2 youngest DDs insisted that we crack the verandah doors open so they could listen to High School Musical being played on the Dumbotron while they were going down for their afternoon naps in the living room.

Just be prepared for the noise and look forward to enjoying the extra space, two bathrooms, in room dining and triple wide verandah.:goodvibes

I loved that room! I want that room again. It is fine. Not really noisy at all! Have fun you lucky duck!!!!

Kim

The noise was not bad enough to keep us from staying in 8532 again. Even though we found it to be noisey, it was definitely much quieter than 8048. However, if given a choice, we would go back to 8602 in a heartbeat. Even though 8602 is directly under Topsiders, we found it to be very quiet. We liked the location so well, that we are staying in 8600 during our Wonder cruise in April (tried to get 8602, but it was booked). The only drawback to all four of the aft cat 3 cabins is that the verandahs are wide open to anyone looking down from deck 9.

Actually the quietest cabin we've stayed in was 8508 (cat 4). It is under the hair salon and there was absolutely no "in cabin" noise from deck 9. We could hear some running/walking from deck 9 when we were on the verandah.

We've never stayed in 8032/34, but I can see where there would be some early morning noise from the CMs getting ready for the day. At least 8032 is partially under the Cove Cafe area so there shouldn't be a lot of noise from kids running on deck 9. I would guess that 8032 is probably a little quieter than 8034.

This is one of the most popular staterooms on the ship. I personally consider it "mine" and am willing to let others stay there for a small fee :rotfl2: . We have heard some running - but have heard more in other areas. The only thing that gave me pause* was the creaking of the wood at night. After awhile I let it lull me to sleep. It's an awesome room and will likely spoil you.

The arcade is right next to the elevators - which would actually be above the hallway on deck 8, right? It couldn't be over 8532 unless Quartermasters was all the way to the railing. I gotta go check the deck plans.

*didn't bother me but just kinda made me say, "huh, that's kinda weird.

This is one of the most popular staterooms on the ship. I personally consider it "mine" and am willing to let others stay there for a small fee :rotfl2: . We have heard some running - but have heard more in other areas. The only thing that gave me pause* was the creaking of the wood at night. After awhile I let it lull me to sleep. It's an awesome room and will likely spoil you.

The arcade is right next to the elevators - which would actually be above the hallway on deck 8, right? It couldn't be over 8532 unless Quartermasters was all the way to the railing. I gotta go check the deck plans.

Thanks for letting us stay in your cabin. It was very nice, and we left the rental fee in the nightstand. Be sure to look for it the next time you're on board :rotfl2:

You are correct that the cabin is not directly under the arcade, but it is under the deck area outside the door. We didn't hear any noise from the arcade, but we did hear kids running back and forth until late at night.

I beg to differ.

Its MY cabin, I just let others stay in it the 51 weeks Im not there.

The noise from the deck chairs is there, but it worked great as a wake up call for me.

Obviously I like that cabin, see below!

Obviously we are all going to have to coordinate our schedules for 2010! :lmao: (and I'll be checking the nightstand. $20's ,right?)

See- Brendalee, you're going to be more than fine. (as long as you're out by the time the owners need it :rolleyes1 )

Obviously we are all going to have to coordinate our schedules for 2010! :lmao: (and I'll be checking the nightstand. $20's ,right?)

See- Brendalee, you're going to be more than fine. (as long as you're out by the time the owners need it :rolleyes1 )

Yes..... small denomination, unmarked bills in a small gray envelope. Nightstand nearest the door to the verandah.

Well, we were next door in 8534, and I found it to be noisy. I would not recommend it for afternoon naps. :)

Others have mentioned, and we experienced it as well, the wood was prone to creak, especially in rough seas, which we had in December. It was especially noisy one night, and we spent a very restless night of sleep because of it. Please do not hesitate to call the concierges to let them know. They will send the carpenters to your room to caulk and put stoppers in to lessen the sound. We did have very rough seas one night, and the banging and knocking was awful. If the verandah were deep enough to have a chaise lounger out there, we'd gladly have slept on that. (And my husband can usually sleep through anything....).

I'm a little paranoid after reading this thread now. We are in 8530 for next summer. We were in 8030 last year which was under the Cove Cafe and never had a noise issue. Has anyone here been in 8530? If so, was the arcade noise an issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter