Cat 12 vs 10

john970

Earning My Ears
What is the difference between these two cabins? Is it worth the price difference?

Are the 10's the same as the oceanview's without the window?

CAT 10 has the split bathrooms, where the CAT 11 and 12 have the tub/toilet in one bathroom.

Yes the CAT 10 is the same as a 9 without the window.

We have stayed in an 11, 12, and had party members in 10.

The 11 and 12 are almost exactly the same. The 12's are right underneath Rockin Bar D/Wave Bands which account for their discounted rate. They also only sleep 3 due to the lack of a drop down bunk.

The 10's are slightly bigger, and also have the split bathroom.

Also with cat 12 you usually get GTY for a room assignment and don't get to choose your stateroom. With cat 11, you can choose. If you need connecting rooms, you must go up to a 10 or better.

My neighbor has a family of 5 and even though her kids are teens and she didn't need connecting rooms, adjacent would be fine, if she were to pick cat 12, DCL said their 2 rooms could be scattered about the ship, not even on the same deck. It was $600 more for her to go to cat 11 just to choose 2 staterooms next to each other.

Since cat 12 holds max 3 guests, if you are a family of 4 you will automatically be upgraded to an 11.

hth:goodvibes

Location, location, location. I love the 11's locations. Deck 5 ones are great if you have kids, as the clubs are there and it's one/two flights down to most of the rest of the activities. The 'sideways' ones on decks 5 and 6 forward feel roomier. I'm partial to deck 7 aft...just a quick run up the stairs to Topsiders/Beach Blanket and easy access to the aft public veranda.

The split bathrooms were a nice amenity.

yes, esp for our fam of 4. It really makes getting ready in the am so easy. I can be in the shower and ds8 can be brushing his teeth while dh is next door going #2 and all of us have relative privacy. :thumbsup2
I don't know that I'd pay several hundred $ for it though.

We always get cat 9 cuz dh really likes a window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter