• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cat. 12 rooms sleeping 4

uihawks1 said:
The Disney website indicates some sleep 3 and some sleep 4 in a Cat. 12

This is odd, I know. ALL cat 12's only sleep 3, but, Diseny does sell a certain number of cabins to families of 4, and that gurantees an upgrade to at least a cat.11... No one knows why they allow this, and someone once posted that it is only for a limited time as well.

Hope this helps..Hard to explain. :)

mommasita said:
This is odd, I know. ALL cat 12's only sleep 3, but, Diseny does sell a certain number of cabins to families of 4, and that gurantees an upgrade to at least a cat.11... No one knows why they allow this, and someone once posted that it is only for a limited time as well.

Hope this helps..Hard to explain. :)

That is correct. All of the 13 cat 12 rooms sleep 3 people.

I literally just booked {sat} cat. 12 for 4 people for this Oct.

So did I. From what I understand, we will automatically be upgraded to a Cat 11.

rmontgo892 said:
I literally just booked {sat} cat. 12 for 4 people for this Oct.

DCL allows you to book 4 people in a cat 12 for the price savings but they do this knowing that they will have to put you in at least a cat 11 because the 12s simply do not have enough beds for 4 people. :)

lbgraves said:
DCL allows you to book 4 people in a cat 12 for the price savings but they do this knowing that they will have to put you in at least a cat 11 because the 12s simply do not have enough beds for 4 people. :)

Wouldn't that be nice. The only reason I "question" this is that it shows right on the deck plans with a triange thingy that is a designated 4 person ( pull down bunk). I would love to automatically get an 11 cat. :teeth: Even the official web site says some cat 12's sleep 4. I do not at all mean to be a pita I am just new to this. It's all good for me regardless! Even if it isn't possible when you book this and it says you can then having someone simply say nope not possible is a tad confusing and makes "you" question what the heck happened, kwim? I thank the people that explained it further!

Well, this is based on history for many DISers in the past. The Passporter shows those rooms only sleeping three. There is not a pull down bed in the 12s.

Know one understands why DCL does what they do. They wont let 4 people book in a stateroom that only sleeps 3 for any other category.

Well, I just pulled up the virtual ship tour on DCL's site & there are no triangles in the cat 12s. Those triangles mean that the room is connected to the one next to it...not the number of people it sleeps.

You can see the deck plans here too. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Disney/magic.htm

rmontgo892 said:
Wouldn't that be nice. The only reason I "question" this is that it shows right on the deck plans with a triange thingy that is a designated 4 person ( pull down bunk). I would love to automatically get an 11 cat. :teeth: Even the official web site says some cat 12's sleep 4. I do not at all mean to be a pita I am just new to this. It's all good for me regardless! Even if it isn't possible when you book this and it says you can then having someone simply say nope not possible is a tad confusing and makes "you" question what the heck happened, kwim? I thank the people that explained it further!

I'm not sure a Cat 11 is something to get too excited about, isn't it the same as a Cat 12 with an extra bunk? But, yeah, if you have the choice and are sailing at the low levels like us, at least try to book a family of 4 at Cat 12 instead of Cat 11, will save some money. I wouldn't get too excited about the free upgrade, I'm actually hoping for a bump to Cat 10!

Four of us were able to book a Cat 12 for our cruise last February although I believe it only sleeps 3. About 2 weeks before the cruise we found out that we had been upgraded to a Cat 9! So keep your fingers crossed for a great upgrade, they happen!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a nice upgrade, but I will be thrilled to be on the Magic in a cat 11 any day!! :thumbsup2

Okay I thought I was booked in a CAT 12 for 4 as well but who knows. Could someone explain the diff. beftween the CATS?

Edited to add - never mind, I figured it out through the link above. And Im booked in a CAT11 :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter