Cat 10C GTY-Is it worth the Chance to sail to the Med

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
A Cat 10C category is now $950pp for the August 27, 2011 Med sailing. Is it worth taking the chance on a GTY as this is a port intensive cruise and will hardly be in the room anyway.

Yes. What do you mean by "take a chance?" If you don't get upgraded it isn't worth sailing?

As you said, you spend very little time in your cabin on most cruises, especially the European ones. My DD loves "at least a window," but take the good rate when you can get it!

What I meant by take a chance was where the room would be located. The DCL agent told me it would be either deck 1 or 2. I would also assume it will be either forward or aft.

Actually, there are cat 10s on deck 5 as well...and I'm not sure where else. Since it is a gty, you could literally end up anywhere on the ship.

if you can live with either deck forward or aft then I still say yes, I know AFT might not be ideal on those decks however. We have always gotten aft when we did GTY. So this is a hard decison. HOw much is another date, if it is way more than it just depends how bad you want to go??

This is the cheapest sailing. What type of issues would we encounter getting a room forward or aft? I plan on taking motion sickness medicine before,during,and after the cruise. Would the biggest problem be noise?

With a port almost every day getting on/ off the ship
it is so nice just walking to you room and not have to wait for the elevator.

I would snap that up in a heartbeat if DD would be over three when we sail. DO IT.

I have done it for our Alaska Cruise coming up!
Had a Secret porthole :scared1: and let it go for the GTY and over 400 less in price,
We will be fine as long as we are on the ship!

The forward would be ok it's the vibration
From engines I'd worry about.

A Cat 10C category is now $950pp for the August 27, 2011 Med sailing. Is it worth taking the chance on a GTY as this is a port intensive cruise and will hardly be in the room anyway.

I "take the chance" as you say on most Disney cruises and I have ALWAYS been upgraded to a window room when I booked a CAT 10. The upgrades got better when I was a gold castaway and I will see on the Dream how good a platinum member gets upgraded when I sail the second cruise in January.

For that price, I say do it!

Actually, there are cat 10s on deck 5 as well...and I'm not sure where else. Since it is a gty, you could literally end up anywhere on the ship.

The 10s on deck 5 are the secret port hole room. Odds are high they will already be gone.

Looking at the price you posted is making me think I need to cash in some miles and go to Europe in the summer.

I "take the chance" as you say on most Disney cruises and I have ALWAYS been upgraded to a window room when I booked a CAT 10. The upgrades got better when I was a gold castaway and I will see on the Dream how good a platinum member gets upgraded when I sail the second cruise in January.

For that price, I say do it!

Just wanted to say, our cat 10 gty didn't leave us with a porthole. ;)

We were wondering whether to book this cruise or not. I think we were so spoilt by the rate we got last May on the 10 night med cruise $2200 for 2 adults and 2 kids plus $400 OBC.

The paid in full dates are in April for the late August med cruises and with the new last minute cats that are supposed to be coming out soon (subject to availability) I am tempted to wait.

There seems to be loads of balcony staterooms for this cruise which may get discounted. The problem is you never really know how full the ship is as DCL can play around with it to suit themselves. After all it is a business.

We are being greedy and want to do the 20 August as well (B2B) so price is really important this year..

If only we had a crystal ball.:goodvibes

We were wondering whether to book this cruise or not. I think we were so spoilt by the rate we got last May on the 10 night med cruise $2200 for 2 adults and 2 kids plus $400 OBC.

The paid in full dates are in April for the late August med cruises and with the new last minute cats that are supposed to be coming out soon (subject to availability) I am tempted to wait.

There seems to be loads of balcony staterooms for this cruise which may get discounted. The problem is you never really know how full the ship is as DCL can play around with it to suit themselves. After all it is a business.

We are being greedy and want to do the 20 August as well (B2B) so price is really important this year..

If only we had a crystal ball.:goodvibes
Wow, how did you swing that rate?

It was open to everyone for a short period in November 2009 when they had the cat 12's and the Kids sail free deal. I dont know if they meant to combine the deals but it worked.

I spoke to a few people on the cruise who paid the same. The DCL cast member in Florida was suprised at the rate when he booked it for me.

Dont think I will get that lucky again.

I booked it yesterday!! This is over $1000 cheaper than Cat 10C for the same sailing the week before! I sure hope there are extra balcony rooms for this sailing, crossing fingers for an upgrade!!:banana:

I booked it yesterday!! This is over $1000 cheaper than Cat 10C for the same sailing the week before! I sure hope there are extra balcony rooms for this sailing, crossing fingers for an upgrade!!:banana:

how exciting!!!!:cool1: keep us posted on what room you get!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter