Cat 1, 2, and 3 special western cruise question

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
I called this morning less than 2 hrs. after reservations opened and there were no cat. 1, 2, or 3 left on the Oct., Nov., or Dec. special western cruise. How can this be? It's 2 yrs. away and if I hadn't read the boards last night I wouldn't have even known they were accepting ressies this morning. Matter of fact, I got turned away by 2 different people that answered the phones telling me that I was incorrect and that the ressies for 2006 hadn't opened up yet. I "must be thinking 2005". Now if there own people don't know about it, how on earth could they have booked up in those categories so quickly? Do some travel agencies reserve blocks or something? Any insight?

I was on the phone this morning right when they opened at 8 EST and I was told the same thing for a March 25, 2006 cruise. I was shocked. She said it was because they had faxes that had come in and it sounded like they had put a hold on all the Cat 3 rooms until all faxes had been gone thru. I don't know if that means they are booked or if some will be available after they work thru all the paper work.

It didn't matter for us - she gave me the price on the cat 3 which was $9212. And we decided it was better to book two cat 6 rooms instead.

Hope you can get what you want - keep trying.

I wanted a Cat. 3 for our family of 5. I was told they could only waitlist me at this time. So, I reserved a Cat. 4 hoping that a Cat. 3 opens up with in the next 2 years.
Like someone else posted, I believe there may be some type of hold on all Cat. 1, 2 & 3 until they wade thru Faxes and VIP requests. I just cannot imagine all of those cabins are already sold out when 2006 bookings were just opened today.

You've got to remember there are only two Cat. 1s and two Cat. 2s. There are 18 Cat. 3s. These categories, despite the high cost, are the most popular and go fast. Most likely these have been already booked through fax requests. HTH

I just called to get a quote for a cat 1, 2 or 3 in Nov. 2006 and was told that none are available. Knowing that this is off season I asked her to please check to see if they rates were just not posted yet. The CM checked and I was told that the rooms were not filled yet, inventory control was still working the numbers and to call back tomorrow because they should be available then.

Originally posted by SweetSpot
.....The CM checked and I was told that the rooms were not filled yet, inventory control was still working the numbers and to call back tomorrow because they should be available then.

I am anxiously waiting to find out if we got a Cat. 2 for our back-to-back cruises that I hope to move to the summer of 2006. CM I talked to this afternoon said Inventory Control is still working on fax requests and to call back Friday or Saturday because they should be through everything by then. Knowing me though I'll call back tomorrow because I just can't stand the anticipation!!! LOL

Originally posted by MichelleB
I called this morning less than 2 hrs. after reservations opened and there were no cat. 1, 2, or 3 left on the Oct., Nov., or Dec. special western cruise. How can this be? It's 2 yrs. away and if I hadn't read the boards last night I wouldn't have even known they were accepting ressies this morning. Matter of fact, I got turned away by 2 different people that answered the phones telling me that I was incorrect and that the ressies for 2006 hadn't opened up yet. I "must be thinking 2005". Now if there own people don't know about it, how on earth could they have booked up in those categories so quickly? Do some travel agencies reserve blocks or something? Any insight?

The Cat 1, 2 & 3s are usually booked via a faxed request to Inventory Control. I requested a Cat 1 for August of 2006 a couple of months ago and I wasn't the first one so I might not get it.

Requests are made often 2 or more years in advance. When the dates open up like they did today Inventory Control goes through their stack of faxed requests and fills the requests based on a first come, first serve basis. That is why rooms you are calling for are already booked.

I hate to say it but if you are calling you are WAY behind many other requests that were probably faxed over many months ago.

Your best bet is to fax over a request for an upcoming cruise; especially if you want a Cat 1 or 2.

Good luck,

Jeff

I hate to say it but if you are calling you are WAY behind many other requests that were probably faxed over many months ago.
::yes:: I faxed in my request for Christmas 2006, category 3 almost 6 months ago. Unfortunately, they haven't set up their holiday calendar yet so I'm still patiently waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter