• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

castle is under refurb

nah its definately WDW thats under refurb. it seems t just be the back at the moment. hope it stays that way for a while.

They had a crane up two weeks ago. The Photopass photographer told me they were putting up Christmas lights!!!

Yep - it's about that time f year for the xmas lights to go up on the castle so you may have a crane in view when taking photos over the next few weeks. You might want to walk around and try a different angle - or use photoshop back home to erase the crane!

apparently the lights are now fully up and the crane has gone, i was glad to hear it'd gone, but now this wall is up!

Its one of those things that you just cant control - when we went in 2005 the castle was being refurbed and it was disappointing to not have the pics in front of castle but didnt ruin our hols and it gave us an excuse to have to go back !!!
Louise x

My friend took this one, she got back a week ago:

10224_162271162344_531712344_3439936_7468881_n.jpg

Here is one I took a few weeks ago when they were putting up the christmas lights:
WDWAug2009Day5MK019.jpg

But you can easily edit it out:
WDWAug2009Day5MKcastleedit.jpg

went to MK today, no crane as lights are all up and no refurb from what we could see

looks normal to me

They seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to build a very elaborate screen, so I can't imagine the refurbishments are going to be a 5 minute affair. It does look as though it's just at the rear, though.

They seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to build a very elaborate screen, so I can't imagine the refurbishments are going to be a 5 minute affair. It does look as though it's just at the rear, though.

On the wedding board it had been discussed there is a major rehab of the castle going on later this year - maybe into early next year. People were notified as they were booked into have private wedding photographs taken infront of the castle in their wedding outfits.

I am sure they will only do a section at a time though.

My friend took this one, she got back a week ago:

10224_162271162344_531712344_3439936_7468881_n.jpg

If she emails me with the original, i'd be happy to photoshop it out for you (photo manipulation is part of my job)

Same goes for anyone else who has annoying things like cranes etc - send them over! Slow week at work, trying to fill my time and drool over WDW photos at the same time :)

oddblokeuk AT googlemail DOT com

As long as the crane as gone, I'm happy. I agree that it doesn't look like it's going to be a short refurb, what with that elaborate 'wall'.

They had a crane up two weeks ago. The Photopass photographer told me they were putting up Christmas lights!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

WOOO HOOO!

I had heard that they start the Obsourne Lights in July so that makes sense too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter