• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castle inn rennovations

We stayed there in early October for one night. It was a last minute stay and we were in at 9pm and out at 6am so we didn't use any amenities. We stayed in a suite and it was lovely! The room was nicely renovated, had lots of space, was immaculately clean and had comfortable beds. I would stay again in a heartbeat. I have no clue if all rooms have been renovated so it may be a good idea to call and ask.

We stayed there this past weekend. It was very clean, the staff was great, and the room was nice. It did get pretty loud, you could hear everything that went on outside the room. We would stay there again.

I stayed at the Castle Inn earlier this month for a three night stay with my two girls. We asked for a quiet room and received a room on the 4th (top) a few rooms down from the elevator...near the front of the hotel. It was very quiet...we never heard anything from our neighbors (and we did have neighbors). The walk was easy and felt safe. I especially liked that we could avoid the Harbor crosswalk (which is frequented by pan handlers and is super crowded) by crossing at Disney Way instead.

The rooms were really nice; it looked just like the pictures posted above. I believe all rooms have been renovated. The staff was pleasant, although we didn't have a need for anything. The housekeeping was a little late (one day our room wasn't made up when we took our afternoon break at 3:30), but accommodated our request to come back after 6pm. The room was clean, as were the walkways and parking lot (lots of places available).

We are staying here again in December. At $60-$70 per night, it's a much better value than the $100+ rooms (which aren't as nice) at the Harbor crosswalk. And the extra walk is only about 5 minutes.

Yes, it is clean! That doesn't keep me from stashing the comforters and disinfecting everything! :rotfl: We stayed for 1 night in October and 2 nights a couple weeks ago. For both trips they were nice enough to allow us to park all day early (before room was ready) and all day on checkout day so we didn't have to move the car to the parking structure. Since most of the motels on Harbor charge parking fee now, this is a great bonus, especially considering the $58 price per night we paid on LMT!

For both trips they were nice enough to allow us to park all day early (before room was ready) and all day on checkout day so we didn't have to move the car to the parking structure. Since most of the motels on Harbor charge parking fee now, this is a great bonus, especially considering the $58 price per night we paid on LMT!

That's so good to know! We'll be there Sun-Mon and I was going to call them tomorrow to ask about this.

Can anyone who's stayed here recently tell me about the coffee maker? I'm a big coffee drinker and will need my morning joe ;). They say (when I called and asked) that it's a small pot that comes with a bag of coffee? Is this enough for 2 mugs? Should I bring my own?

Thanks!! I guess it sounds silly, bit good coffee in the morning will make for a happier mommy during the trip ;)

Can anyone who's stayed here recently tell me about the coffee maker? I'm a big coffee drinker and will need my morning joe ;). They say (when I called and asked) that it's a small pot that comes with a bag of coffee? Is this enough for 2 mugs? Should I bring my own?

Thanks!! I guess it sounds silly, bit good coffee in the morning will make for a happier mommy during the trip ;)

I remembered seeing this photo on another thread:

http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/Im-mikey/media/DLR09292013104348_zps2fc333e8.jpg.html

You can zoom in really close and get a pretty good look at the coffee maker. Looks like a single serve that brews directly into a cup.

It is a single serve that brews into a small cup. We brought Starbucks via packets with us, which turned out to be good because they only gave us 2 regular bags of coffee.
I wonder if I can make my own filter and coffee work? I will probably try it!

Moucrazy-thank you!! I like the visual :)

My dh is only staying for part of our trip so I don't want to take the coffee maker from him...but I may, if I need to ;).

Thanks!

Wish I could help, but I did not pay attention! I prefer to go to Starbucks myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter