Castle for Wedding Program

Tiggerific04

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if someone with better Photoshop skills than me could help me out...

I have this graphic of a castle that I want to use on the front of my wedding programs:

castle_antique_no_stars.jpg

Problem is, my programs are pink so I wanted the castle in black (or some other color that would go nicely) but the background has to be transparent so that it doesn't show up on the paper.

Anyone?

Here you go! The background is hopefully transparent too

Take two...the first one still had the background..
c-2.jpg

Ok...no clue what's happening...it shows up in the program w/o a background...if you want I can try to email it to you and see if the background stays away

If you want the background to stay transparent for viewing on the screen, you'll need to save it as a .gif file. But, if you print it with the white background as you have it, the white won't actually print, so it will be the same as having a transparent background. Did that make sense?

If you want the background to stay transparent for viewing on the screen, you'll need to save it as a .gif file. But, if you print it with the white background as you have it, the white won't actually print, so it will be the same as having a transparent background. Did that make sense?

Even if I leave it as a jpeg and use it in Word, you're saying the background won't actually print?

The white won't actually print, but if you are doing it in Word, you need to make sure that the white box does not "cover" any text that you want to see. It would block that out. Normal printers do not have any white ink, so anything "white" you see in a design doesn't actually print. It is the color of the paper that you are using.

I feel like I'm not explaining myself well. If the castle is being printed with nothing else around/behind it, you will have no problems in Word. If you are trying to put anything else around it, you need to make sure that it is on "top" of the white box.

The white won't actually print, but if you are doing it in Word, you need to make sure that the white box does not "cover" any text that you want to see. It would block that out. Normal printers do not have any white ink, so anything "white" you see in a design doesn't actually print. It is the color of the paper that you are using.

I feel like I'm not explaining myself well. If the castle is being printed with nothing else around/behind it, you will have no problems in Word. If you are trying to put anything else around it, you need to make sure that it is on "top" of the white box.

You explained yourself perfectly :goodvibes

Duh, of course the white wouldn't print. I think the wedding stress has killed a few of my brain cells :lmao: Thanks for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter